What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50 caliber browning headstamp

In a previous post (could not locate the thread) someone had asked to show a pic of the headstamp of a pair of 50 caliber Browning machine gune bullets I have. Here is the best I can do until I get new camera..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 280.jpg
    Picture 280.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 44
appreciate it.

Thanks, Missingsomething, has no idea the DM was for Des Moines Iowa. I don't really collect the things but came in as part of a major barter deal and since they're wartime they seem pretty cool, and the 50 caliber Browning has quite a history in itself. thanks again, Dano

- The list of the headstamp markings for the .50" Browning [12.7X99] rimless rounds manufactured in USA during WW2 is: <B> [the letter "B" inside of a diamond frame] and "BBC" (Bridgeport Brass Co., Bridgeport, CT); "DM" (Des Moines Ordnance Plant, Des Moines, Iowa); "FA" (Frankford Arsenal, Phiadelphia, PA); "KS" (Allegheny Ordnance Plant, probably from Cumberland, MD); "LC" (Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, Independence, Missouri); "LM" (Lowell Ordnance Plant, Lowell, Mass.); "M" (Milwaukee Ordnance Plant, Milwaukee, Wisconsin); "RA" (Remington Arms Co. Inc., Bridgeport, CT); "SD" (Sparklet Devices Inc., Dover Division, Dover, Ohio); "SL" (Saint Louis Ordnance Plant, St Louis, Missouri); "SMCo" (Stant Manufacturing Co., Connersville, Indiana); "TW" (Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant, Minneapolis, Minn.); "U" or "UT" (Utah Ordnance Plant, Salt Lake City, Utah). => Solid steel 12.7X99 / .50" dummy rounds were marked "ALAT" and made at Alameda in California. Orita 07/11/09