What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.8cm PaK 43 L/71 Help with ID

merlin_industries

I just want to check everything is correctly identified before I go ahead and list this for sale.

I think it is the 8.8cm PaK 43 L/71 with ZtZ. S/30 Fuze. The steel case has some corrosion which has been stabilised and there is evidence of fresh paint in places. Stamps on the base are not visible. Case height is approx 822mm. Some stamps on the projectile are visible but tricky to read.

Any comments on its identity would be much appreciated.

DSCF7525.jpgDSCF7526.jpgDSCF7527.jpgDSCF7528.jpgDSCF7529.jpgDSCF7530.jpgDSCF7531.jpgDSCF7532.jpgDSCF7533.jpgDSCF7534.jpgDSCF7535.jpgDSCF7536.jpg

What ever the projectile is it is made in 1956 and never belonged to this case nor it it even German at all. The Fuze also does not fit the threads of the projectile (as a consequence).

Even if the projectile would be original the fuze is for use with AA guns so it does not belong here too.

The only original here is the case.

I fully agree with EOD (for a change) ;)

Value of this "Kwk 43 Spreng":
-approxiamately 5,0 Euro's for the "some corrosion" shellcase.
-The 90mm US projectile (where the drivingband has been amateuristicly replaced with a piece of pipe) : 0,- euro.
-The fuze (in this condition) : 5 Euro.

So, 10 Euro max. for this scrapyard.

If I were you I'd save my money until you have appr. 300to 400 Euro and buy yourself a nice one , fuzed with the correct AZ 23/28, The projectile in good condition, either restored in a professional way, the steel shellcase with appr. 80 to 90 % of the brass clad layer left.
I have no insight in what you have to spend, and it may sound very expensive , but you are looking for the "Ferrari" under the cartridges; much sought after by most large caliber collectors, and allways just a few good ones on the market, if at all.

Regards, DJH

Last edited: