What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any idea on this please?



Can anyone help me with this item please?

Looks to be some sort of plug that screws into a projectile for lifting,diameter is 40mm.

Anyone know for definate please?

Could be a transit plug screwed in instead of fuze for ease of handllng brass for spark prevention I have seen Large naval shell being load aboard suspended from something similar
Plus One on the bomb lug, as identified by HarryG. Artillery lifting eyes that I have seen are "rounder" if that makes sense to you.