What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Azc(10)hut

F

Fuzeman

This fuze was liberated from a fuze factory after the war
AZcHut_001.jpg

Hi Fuzeman, how was it fitted to the item of ordnance it was supposed to detonate as there is no thread for locating it in a Bomb/Shell or is it a "Taper" fit ?

Hi Chris
This item was in the process of being manufactured ? thats the reason its not been finished

Steve

Thanks for the pictures

Fuzeman

Have you seen the other one i posted on the modified fuze ?

Hi looks as though that fuze had been either dug up or blown from a bomb any information on it ?
Fuzeman

I would hazard a guess that this one is a dig-up judging by the way that crud is embedded and the corrosion patterns.

Great photos btw!

cheers

waff

hello

We have it from a long time and we don't know where it's coming from.

Give it a good soak and wipe over with penetrating oil and i bet it will come up lovely!B)

best

waff

Hi Pascal,
sorry i had missed this thread.
I use thin penetrating oil nowadays on these fuzes.

cheers

waff

Hello

Without any answer from you, I cleaned it with a sweet brush on an electric motor. Next week, I'll post here the fuze.

But I'll remain you use only good oil.

Thx,
Pascal

Pascal,im always busy up to something so its always best to drop a PM if i forget to answer a thread.I hope the fuze turned out ok?
Use some thin oil to clean it and post some pictures please.

best

waff

Hi

Don't worry, no problem !
Next week I'll post the pictures.

bye, pascal

Hello

This is the cleaned fuze.

Look the second pic : a small stone is "inlay" the fuze.

Attachments

• BA coupes 002.jpg
    BA coupes 002.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 48
  • BA coupes 005.jpg
    BA coupes 005.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 54