What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

Join over 14,000 collectors of inert military ordnance. Get expert identification help for shells, fuzes, grenades, and more — plus access our classifieds marketplace and decades of archived knowledge. Free to register, takes seconds.

Belted '.50 BMG' ?

flak88

Member
I recently purchased the cartridge on the right in a job lot, it's stamped S L 43 and measures 98.5mm in length. Initially I saw the belt and assumed a Boys .55 but on closer inspection the neck did not look long enough and a trial fit of a .50 bullet seemed too tight. I then compared it to the .50 BMG cartridge to the left and all measurements seemed to match other than the belt and position of the shoulder. Hopefully I have not made an obvious mistake but can anyone help in identifying this cartridge ? Many thanks.1000006608.jpg
 
Hi flak88,
I am not specialized in small ammo but as you said it doesn’t look like a .55 cal to me.
But I don't know wat it is.
LEAFLET
 

Attachments

  • Ptn .55 Boys (03).JPG
    Ptn .55 Boys (03).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Top