What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boys .55 inch.

poltewerke

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Allo, here are a few more drawings for the Brit. SAA collectors, Cheers, RonB.

Attachments

• Boxes etc. 005.jpg
    Boxes etc. 005.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Boxes etc. 006.jpg
    Boxes etc. 006.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 74
  • ''Boys, 55in.''.jpg
    ''Boys, 55in.''.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 81
  • ''Boys, 55in.'' 001.jpg
    ''Boys, 55in.'' 001.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 79
  • ''Boys, 55in.'' 004.jpg
    ''Boys, 55in.'' 004.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 80
''Boys .55in'' Contd.

Here are the last few frames. Cheers, Ron.

Attachments

• ''Boys, 55in.'' 002.jpg
    ''Boys, 55in.'' 002.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 59
  • ''Boys, 55in.'' 003.jpg
    ''Boys, 55in.'' 003.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 57
  • ''Boys, 55in.'' 005.jpg
    ''Boys, 55in.'' 005.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 66
  • ''Boys, 55in.'' 006.jpg
    ''Boys, 55in.'' 006.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 57
hi

Thanks for the drawings very interesting can you tell me a bit about the little john adaptor please ? cheers

from bazooka chris

hi

Thanks for the drawings very interesting can you tell me a bit about the little john adapter please ? cheers

from bazooka chris
Hi, yes as you know they went mad with littlejohn re. calibres, its a wounder they did not make one in .22in. rimfire. By 1942 with armour increasing all the time and skirting plates etc. - well really what could they offer in defeat of targets? Much better and cheaper to use chemical energy methods. And equipment - do you use a cone brl. or carry around adapters No this was more for developing information on external/ internal & terminal ballistics for the 2 pdr. lf l can find the info that came mostly from ''Q'' proc's then l will get back to you. Regards, Ron.

Last edited:
If they were made and only ever submitted to trials, I suppose they would not have had a "WG" headstamp. That sure would be a nice case to find though!