What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

could use some help in IDing this item

The flat side with the spikes reminds me of an Italian piece, but I've got not time to look and we have members that would know much better.

thanks, trying to help a unit that has been directed to get their inert list caught up and if they can;t ID it to find a home for it, but not in the unit. Sounds wrong but stranger things are happening in EOD these days

It's an Italian tree mine. The holes at the top are storage locations for wooden spools that would be wrapped with the tripwire, which was really a heavy thread. There would normally be an access plate that wrapped around the body to hold the spools in place.

To place it, you slam the spiked side against a tree, so the spikes stick in, and tie a rope around the tree to the loops on the body to hold it in place.

Last edited:
This may help:

Attachments

• Scannen.jpg
    Scannen.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Scannen0001.jpg
    Scannen0001.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 33