What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 40 mm Bofors Case

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Hi ive just been given a German 40mm Bofors case ,from the bottom of the Med near the Greek island of Leros .Headstamped 4cm 28 ,15 , enz ,1942, and the little birdie ,can anyone tell who were enz please? By the way its brass and come up a treat

enz = Gebr. Boehler u. Co. AG, Werk Enzesfeld / Niederdonau, later known as 'Enzesfelder Metallwerk AG'

Last edited:
German 40mm Bofors Case

Thanks Spotter for the quick reply ,forgot to say it had an M next to the birdie so its from the Kreigsmarine .Leros is a Greek island near the Turkish mainland ,occupied by the Italians early in WW2 then fought over by us and the Germans [SAS ,LRDG and a infantry battalion against German paras and Brandenburgers[German special forces].I have afew relics from the battle ,german 81mm mortar tail ,7.92 dis link ,Italian 6.5mm case and a couple of British .303s

German 40mm Bofors Case

hope the pictures appear. I'm new to this.
Dave

Attachments

• Milly 008.jpg
    Milly 008.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Milly 010.jpg
    Milly 010.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 72
Great pics!,thanks for those.
I assume the `birdie` is where the flash has caught the case?

best

waff

German 40mm Bofors Case

Hi Waff the birdie is very faint but its opposite the 15 you can just make out the M which is under its left wing next to the black mark

Attachments

• Milly 009.jpg
    Milly 009.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 37
Nice one BD,

I might have a spare primer in better condition than yours if you want one?

best

waff

German 40mm Bofors Case

Thanks for the offer but i think im leaving it as found ,its got a few cracks and a hole near the neck but after 63-5 years in the med its not bad