What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 7.9 SmK (p) Label

PeterC

Hi,

Can someone help me out with the meaning of this SmK label (15 rd) what is the significance of the "(p)" and the diagonal stripe (not similar to the type I would associate with a Practice loading label)?
thanks,
Peter.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 73
Hey Peter,

in large calibre ammo/weapons the addition of a letter in between brackets usually denotes captured stock. E.g (t) would mean "Tsjechische" , (f) Franzsische (french) .
(p) in this way denotes "Polnische" or Polish stock. Think this is the case (no pun intended) here as well as the Germans captured very large quantities of Polish 7,92 mm ammo, the Poles also having an AP version of this round.

greetz,

Menno.

Last edited:
(p)

Confirm that the (p) means Polish. Also, the label states that the powder and manufacture of these rounds is unknown, again indicating captured stock.

Regards
TonyE

Thanks Menno & Tony,

I am guessing then that the Breslau connection is the 're-packing' location.
Forgive my ignorance on European geography, but is Breslau in Germany or Poland? (is it one of those locations where the borders have moved over time?)

Peter.

Thanks Menno & Tony,

I am guessing then that the Breslau connection is the 're-packing' location.
Forgive my ignorance on European geography, but is Breslau in Germany or Poland? (is it one of those locations where the borders have moved over time?)

Peter.
Breslau (German name of polish city Wroclaw during WW2),so Breslau=Wroclaw.

regards Tomek

and this is my box ,original polish 7,9m/m "PS" (with tracer),from 1938 ,captured during war by germans and with german label...
BTW this box arrived to me,to Poland, from France :)

Attachments

• Obraz 328.jpg
    Obraz 328.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Obraz 327.jpg
    Obraz 327.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks for yours...nice packets. Have you seen packaging/boxes for 7.9x104 anti-tank cartridges?

regards,
Peter.