What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German ammunition box and belt

toolong

On the flea markets I find a lot of those ammunition boxes and ammunition belts.
Once a dealer (he had 2 boxes) and he told me they were form WW1. I tought they were made for the MG 34 , then the 42 now the 53????, so they were made from ww2 onwards.
Are they still made, are the German ones (ww2) marked with manufactor code and year (waffenambt ???), are they still in use, what are the differences (I have been told the Germans had the Aluminium (thats Aluminum for the US) for theyr paratroopers, I have seen some with the manufactur code and year). The discoloration on the picture is du to the shadow of some vegatation.

Belts for the MG, is there a way to see which ones were made during ww2, is that on the stamp on the starting tab of the belt???

Thanks

Luc

Attachments

• DSCN0326.JPG
    DSCN0326.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN0327.jpg
    DSCN0327.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN0328.jpg
    DSCN0328.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 47
The small curved bit is not a starter but end connector to the next belt. However in WW2 belts it's square of shape and has maker's code, year and WaA stamped normally.