What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German fuze discharger

waffenamt

Hi Chaps,
ive just been kindly donated this by a fellow forum member who wishes to remain anonymous...
I just want to thank you squire for the kind gesture and im in your debt amigo!:)

I believe it to be a fuze discharger similar to the british `crabtree` discharger.
I think it will look superb in my up and coming collection of ELAZ fuzes.

best
waff
S7002211.JPG

Anyone out there got any more info on this one and how it works?

Dave.

Dave i will try to explain how this works.

HPIM8338.jpg when the top is rotated to this position the tool can be clamped onto the fuse head and located by the 2 pins that touch the fuse terminals, there is just enough pressure to push the pins down into the fuse and stop the tool from twisting on the fuse head, the tool pins are in a neutral position and do not make a electrical contact with the tool or fuse.

HPIM8340.jpgthis is the tool fitted to a fuse top, the claws under the tool clamp the fuse by pulling the collar up and the dowel marked with the red arrow allows this to happen when in place the collar slips down clamping the fuse head and allowing rotation of the tool top.

HPIM8341.jpg under side of tool in neutral position, both pins out.

HPIM8342.jpgtool top turned to first position I

HPIM8343.jpg Left pin out right pin in

HPIM8344.jpg tool head in last position II

HPIM8346.jpgleft hand pin in and right hand pin out, the purpose i think is to earth out the fuse capacitors in the correct sequence but im not sure if this will work on all electrical fuses as some went off when discharging the capacitors via the terminals,,,,,,, Dave

Thanks for the detailed explanation Dave, very interesting.

Dave.

Thanks for this useful explanation. Here's mine (which Waff might recognise!) opened up so that you can see what is going on. Unfortunately the pins and the central axle don't move. Perhaps a dose of PlusGas and a lot of patience will help!

T.

Attachments

• German bomb fuze discharger 1a.jpg
    German bomb fuze discharger 1a.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 19
  • German bomb fuze discharger 1e.jpg
    German bomb fuze discharger 1e.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 18
  • German bomb fuze discharger 1h.jpg
    German bomb fuze discharger 1h.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 16
  • German bomb fuze discharger 1i.jpg
    German bomb fuze discharger 1i.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 17
  • German bomb fuze discharger 1j.jpg
    German bomb fuze discharger 1j.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 17
  • German bomb fuze discharger 1k.jpg
    German bomb fuze discharger 1k.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 18
  • German bomb fuze discharger 1l.jpg
    German bomb fuze discharger 1l.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 17
  • German bomb fuze discharger 1m.jpg
    German bomb fuze discharger 1m.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 16
Try a little heat as i have found it drys the rust out enough to loosen the parts, nice to see whats inside,,,,, Dave

Very interesting article guys - thanks. For anyone who is interested, there is a British Crabtree Discharger up for grabs, eBay 3605 5371 5782. Rod