What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Naval Case

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
I bought this case recently and thought i had seen one before ,searched the threads and cant find anything like it .63mm x97mm rimmed case[rim 75mm] .Headstamp P [Polte ?]above f.Abk.K ,3 o clock ,an eagle with a M [Kriegsmarine ] .6 o clock, 1936 ,9 o clock ,VII . Some sort of German Naval practice cartridge ?full length or cut ? any information welcomed ,regards Dave

Attachments

• DSCF2004.JPG
    DSCF2004.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF2003.jpg
    DSCF2003.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 145
Hi

German naval AbkommKanone .
May be from a 5cm U uT bk case , cut .

==

Last edited:
Hi Ben ,is this case cut ? it didnt cost a lot [7.50] and came from a box full of British and German WW1 cases at a fair.What size gun was the 5 cm Abcome used with ?Regards Dave

Dave, Ben is correct. This one is not cut and in original condition/length.
You got a very scarce case there, congratulations.

IMG_0007.jpg

Hi

German naval AbkommKanone .
May be from a 5cm U uT bk case , cut .

==

Did i say something wrong when i said that this Abkomm kartusche is from a normal 5cm case Cut , to make an Abkomm Case ?

====================================================================

Not when it comes to dimensions - there you are correct. Just the hs says it was made like that (f.Abk.K.). Have never seen a 50x333R from 1936 or even post 1918.

If anybody has a 50x333R from after 1918 I would be delighted to hear about and see the hs. Well in fact any hs on these would be nice to see.

Hi EOD

I have found some years ago a 5cm German naval shell.
The shells differs from the standard WW1 shell (driving band, fuze, intern organisation).

Then i suppose cases were made to shoot these shells.
I think there is a drawing in the Pawlas Book about ww2 german ammo.

regards

kzf5cm.jpg

Last edited:
I think I also have never seen one. I do know about WW2 used 50x333 cases used in WW2 on several occasions based on where they are found. The only post-WW1 cases I know are not German but Dutch manufacture (the Dutch used the same gun, first as naval gun and later as coast defense up to WW2).

Not when it comes to dimensions - there you are correct. Just the hs says it was made like that (f.Abk.K.). Have never seen a 50x333R from 1936 or even post 1918.

If anybody has a 50x333R from after 1918 I would be delighted to hear about and see the hs. Well in fact any hs on these would be nice to see.

Kz11, I was talking about the cases only. Post 1918 projectiles (copper and iron driving bands) and fuzes are well known. I assume they been using the old cases in stock since the demand for these was surely little after 1918 - explaining why we hardly see them today.

There is also a 293mm salute variant of this case which ends right below where the shoulder starts on the regular 333mm case.

Hoeksel, the Danes also used this caliber but for some reason their cases had a 5mm longer neck making it a 50x338R.

Last edited: