What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID this component - probably not ordnance

ammocat

Ordnance approved
This item was recovered during a EOD clearance operation. There is a lot of speculation on what it might be, ranging from an ammunition component, helicopter engine component, antenna piece, etc.

I do not believe that it is actually from an ammunition item, but stranger things have happened. Does anyone have any idea what this might?

Cheers

Attachments

• component.jpg
    component.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 74
It looks like a type of grappling hook or something fired through a mine field and pulled back to set off any trip wires Or just a grappling hook.

Wow!! How on earth did it get there then?
Surely somebody noticed it `missing` off the aircraft?

waff

Wow!! How on earth did it get there then?
Surely somebody noticed it `missing` off the aircraft?

From the post I saw about this it was found near a cluster bomb strike in Kosovo. Must have been right on target.

Wow, thanks for the help. I was not aware this was posted on another forum, but I know the photo has been passed around a lot between EOD personnel and ammo techs.

Thanks for the help, it certainly looks like the ILS antenna from a MiG 23.

Cheers,