What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israeli "Gammon" Grenade

roller63

Premium Member
Somewhere I have a picture of a grenade which is of Israeli manufacture and looks very much like the British WW2 Gammon or No 82 grenade. It has a plastic all-ways fuse and the explosive is contained in a thick cotton/hessian bag. I am trying to find details about it with reference to one of my other posts regarding all-ways grenade fuses. Any pics or info would be great, thanks, Tony.

This the one you mean, Israelie No. 8 Offensive Grenade, not much information unfortunately, but not a bad photo. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• israelino8offensive.jpg
    israelino8offensive.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 68
The Israelie's also have the No. 18 that uses the same fuze mech.

Attachments

• no. 183.jpg
    no. 183.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 51
  • no. 184.jpg
    no. 184.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 61
Thanks Sgtlynn, that's exactly the one, the No 8 offensive grenade. I like the look of that No 18 Too, not seen one of those before, looking at the cutaway picture of the fuse, it looks very much like the Spanish version on my PO 1. Tony.