What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey's Guns

Chris 42 RQ

Whilst over in Jersey I had a chance of looking around various coastal defence area's.
It is amazing what you can find on prominent hilltops or cliffs.

The pictures show what measured up to be an 8 inch gun breech Block and it's detached Barrel.

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• LES LANDES Blown.JPG
    LES LANDES Blown.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 44
  • LES LANDES.9.JPG
    LES LANDES.9.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 47
I wonder also !

Yes Lee I wonder if it and a lot of other items are still safe from the scrapman !

I really would love to go and check them out again !

Corbierre Battery Jersey.

Here is another picture of a Gun emplacement situated at ""Corbierre" on Jersey with a very interesting item still in situ !
One of the rare emplacement's that appear not to have suffered from the ill effects of the scrapman as this one still has it's Gun, a 105 mm Calibre Gun, I believe it was a captured French model Field Gun modified for Emplacement use.
Also shown are two view's of the rear entrance with a Machine Gun loophole.

Attachments

• CORBIEREgun.JPG
    CORBIEREgun.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 32
  • CORBIERErear ent.JPG
    CORBIERErear ent.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Corbierre.JPG
    Corbierre.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 20

Hi Chris, a lot of the guns on the channel isles were captured french items.I would recommend St Peters bunker and also a small museum on the beach at St Ouens bay,this is in a restored casemate and has a gun of a similiar size in place,plus a cracking collection of militaria to view.Had a few bits for sale when i went there. I cant post any pics as they are on 35mm.Tony:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Good time to go is early September when they have an excellent free airshow, as well as loads of military things to see. Tony.