What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L 60 or L70 case?

tigbrand

Premium Member
This is arse about face ,but which gun was the 40mm break up mk 10/2 projectile used with?,i guess L70 for land service, as far as i know the navy only used L60 guns.Im trying to marry up projectiles with cases at the moment.Also why are Uk L70 cases so scarce? Cheers Tony.

The L/70 has a longer projectile than the L/60.

Also,the L/70 projectile would be crimped in the case by two crimps,not one like the L/60.

Cheers,
Andy

L/70 proj on the left,L/60 on the right.

Cheers,
Andy
BOFORS_L70___L60.JPG

Hi cheers Andy,when i know what i need we can sort out a swap,in the end!!!Cheers old chap.

I do not wish to rain on your parade but I think it is wrong to assume that the majority of L40/70 projectiles are secured by two annular crimps as I always thought it was usual to find a L40/70 projectile crimped in with only one annular crimp ?
The Swedish rounds (both complete H.E and Practice) are secured with just one crimp as is the experimental L40/70 H.E.S and Swedish A.P.C.B C/T projectile missing their cases.

L40_70_a1.JPG

Chris,I said that the L/60 was secured with one crimp
and the L/70 with two.

Cheers,
Andy