What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malvern 22 Nov

tigbrand

Premium Member
Any members doing this one? Im going up with Dave Lyne hopefully.Nice to meet a few more members.:xd:

95% likely Ill be going up too. would be nice to meet up with a few members

Rich

I will be there along with karen and my baby daughter jessica so if you see us come and say hi.
You wont be able to miss us as we will be the ones getting in everybodys way with the push chair :laugh:

from bazooka chris

I should hopefully be there on Sunday. I'll have a home made badge on with my BOCN username.

Well i enjoyed the show albeit a wee bit stressed keeping tabs on a certain round we had for sale on the stall as i deffo didnt want that one going M.I.A!!!!
Great to meet some of you lads both old pals and new members ive not met before.
Line up including my old muckers Quatermass and Bazooka Chris(nipper and wife in tow too!),Munitionskiste,Falcon,SG500(and his 'mini-me' too!),FOO31(i hope you managed to get a train home ok pal?),Germanmilitaria and Hangarman. :)
Sorry if ive missed anyone off the list,but as you know i was stressd out plus not much kip the night before but thats another story! lol
I did have a few good sales thankfully plus i picked up one or two little items for the collection. There was an extremely overpriced 17a fuze up for grabs but i refused to pay the extortionate price the seller wanted however,im currently in negociations with the chap so i may land it shortly(Satan18,PM me or landy call when you can my old friend)
Will take a couple of shots of the new swag in daylight tomorrow.
best

waff

Last edited:
A good show, but came away almost empty-handed. Didn't see anything that shouted buy-me!

So, what beauties did I miss? What did you lot come home with? :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Phlarris

Did you come and have a gander on my stall buddy?
We were up in Hall 3. Cant have missed us,there was a grey haired geezer and a tall,handsome fella in a german tunic selling ammo....:flute:

I got a clamp for a german ww2 booby trap,a FLaK 37 brass case and some silk charge bags.Not a great deal of pickings but some you win,some you lose.
Whoops!,i had almost forgotten the mock up B1 Incendiary i got that came with original stamped tails.That will teach me to leave the damned thing under my deckchair and wrap it up in the bag! lol

best

waff

Last edited:
yes was great to see everybody and it was also jessicas first militaria show which was cool got a few good bits for my collection aswell which was great.
A special thanks must also go to waff for the item he bought down for me but waff karens not my wife remember :damnmate:
Did anybody spot us carting all my stuff back to the car using jessicas pushcair ? thought i was going to snap it in half with all the weight. :laugh:

from bazooka chris

Waff,

If you were the 'tall handsome fella' who never wandered more than 2 metres from the shell in the middle of the table, then yes, I did pop round.

Some nice things, and if you'd had a stripped down German zt/zs30, then I'd have bitten your hands off :smile:

The one that made me laugh the most was one stall that has a replica M24 grenade, but had made it dirty with mud to make it look 'authentic'.

Next time maybe.

Phlarris

ahahahah!! mate,you just made my day with that statement!:xd:

Indeed that Crayford was not going anywhere it shouldnt have,on my watch that day.
You sure we didnt have the fuze you was looking for? Swear blind Mick had one on the table early on?
I will ask him in a mo,as im going to phone him.
Stay tuned :)

best

waff

handsome fella in a german tunic selling ammo....:flute: ??????

umm must have missed him all i saw was waff lol

from bazooka chris

I was pmsl Chris when you waltzed off with the pram full of swag instead of baby Jessica.lol:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Im gonna call karen your wife all the time now just for the bug factor!:hahaha:

best

waff

so was most other people when they saw me, the pram was certainly bending under the strain :laugh: i was expecting it to give way half way to the car park and spill my stuff all over the floor.
Doesnt bother me about karen as if shes called my wife then that actually saves me getting married so result :biggrin:

from bazooka chris

It was good to meet Waff, even if i didnt buy anything off him! Picked up a nice mills 36 with base plug and center tube, painted white and strangely also covered in mud! Nice find for 15 though. Bought some "interesting" 7.92 BESA drill rounds and a 30mm ADEN case for an AP round. Nothing much else that excited me, apart from the deact Welrod.
Looking forward to the next one though...
Hangarman

hangarman,are you at the next leeds show in two weeks?
phlarris,sorry matey,we are all out of the fuze you are seeking however i do see them up on SA quite often?
Good hunting.
best

waff

Last edited: