What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Model 39 Grenade box (?)

Jlenham

Hi all
First post but im trying to find out some more about this thing.
My parents were given this large box by someone they know and being curious my girlfriend and I opened it up to find these labels.
IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

I have some other pics to upload from the camera but its a large wooden one with metal corners, still opens and closes so it not in bad shape for being 60 odd years old.
I did some google hunting and it seems it was a model 39 "egg hand grenade box" is this right?

My mum wants to strip it bare, paint it and store junk in it but we (gf and I) think thats criminal!! so im trying to get a rough value on it so atleast someone who appreciates it for what it is could buy it instead of her ruining it!

If this is the wrong sub forum I apologize! and ill get the other pictures up this evening :)

Maybe a big box with 6 standard 30 grenades boxes inside. This is a very interesting box. Would be great if you post pics for see the entire box. Jens is not looking for this one, but as a collector of Egg Grenades maybe he will be interested. I will send him an email with this thread.

Looks like a British soldier used this box for send home a few souvenirs. Please one more help, when you can take measures of the inside of the box, the three measures, with this info we could know for what this box was. I can see a few writings up and right on the cover, what you can read?