What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice explosions/demolition shots.

I missed this thread and I want to relaunch it after 2 1/2 years because Im quite sure you have new pics. I have seen some awesome pictures here. The one with the bubble is fantastic. And I had always a question about these piles of items: when they blow up is it possible that a few of them just fly unexploded and land in another place?

Some I have found in the depth of my computer

Attachments

• Too Close.jpg
    Too Close.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 83
  • KMB9.jpg
    KMB9.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 88
Miguel,
Yes, that is certainly possible, but IMHO it speaks to the planning of the demo shot and to the skills of the guys setting it up. However, in some cases, esp. in tactical situations, the donor explosives available, both type and quantity, can cause the situation you describe. In nearly all peacetime, non-tactical shots, the correct procedure involves searching the area post-blast for these "kickouts" and removing any remaining explosive hazard.

Classic Kick-out in this shot and not just for effect

Attachments

• Blast 2.jpg
    Blast 2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 62
Some from the depths of my computer:

Attachments

• sm2.jpg
    sm2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 65
  • sm3.jpg
    sm3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 63
  • sm6.jpg
    sm6.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 62
there's no way like bosnian way :D

Attachments

• bang.jpg
    bang.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 72
  • guberaca.jpg
    guberaca.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 65
  • lapov_dol.jpg
    lapov_dol.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 72
  • prac1.jpg
    prac1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 68
  • prac2.jpg
    prac2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 68
Holbeach_demo1.jpg

Holbeach range, Tornado BOZ pod flares in a not deep enough pit!

explosion2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some more, hope I haven't duplicated some (Click on Picture for better View) BNS_2.jpg 09.jpg bomb6.jpg Iraq Task 99623.jpg bomb4.jpg PA060170.jpg PA060167.jpg Blast 1.jpg Blast 2.jpg PA060166.jpg bomb2.jpg cougar-eod-ied01.jpg bns.jpg bomb3.jpg Bpmb.jpg bomb7.jpg 18.jpg PA060168.jpg bomb1.jpg

Attachments

• Iraq Task 99624.jpg
    Iraq Task 99624.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 27
  • PA060169.jpg
    PA060169.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 28
  • KMB9.jpg
    KMB9.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
outstanding additions, gentlemen.
since i am not EOD can someone kindly explain what kind of explosive make what sort of explosion? i mean if i am not mistaken, 20ltrs of petrol will look very different whilst exploding than 10 kgs of cyclotol, right?

sorry if the question is silly. if someone could point out which explosion goes with which energetic compound that would be great.
thanks.
D.