What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No 12 hairbrush, opinions

panzer 1

Hi,
I would like some opinions on this No12, just to see what you think of it.
sorry the pics arnt to good i will try to do them better.
panzer 1

Attachments

• No 12 grenade.jpg
    No 12 grenade.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 64
  • No 12 grenade 001.jpg
    No 12 grenade 001.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 55
  • No 12 grenade 003.jpg
    No 12 grenade 003.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 51
Can you post a picture of the reverse? As you know these have been widely copied and 'aged'. Difficult to tell from your pictures.
BD

I would be very surprised if this was not a very good reproduction, to my knowledge, there are very few real ones of these in private hands. Try this link on Darryl's website : http://members.shaw.ca/dwlynn/no12/no12.htm
A few years ago someone made up a quantity of No12's and No 44 anti tank grenades too. some got he ageing process and were passed off as originals. The only ones i have seen have been in museums and one or two long established collections. FYI. about thirty years ago when I started collecting, I could have bought an original complete but in a bit of a state for 30 ! :tinysmile_cry_t4: unfortunately at the time I was only earning 27 a week, so it was out of the question, hope this all helps, regards, Tony.

No 12 grnd,

Thanks for the comments on the grenade, i will take some photos of the back of it and post them for you to see.
Dave.

No 12 grnd back

Hi Burney Davis,
i have put some pics of the back of the grnd on but they have not come out to good again. so hope they are ok.
I will have to change the camara.
dave

Attachments

• No 12 grenade 2.jpg
    No 12 grenade 2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 36
  • No 12 grenade back.jpg
    No 12 grenade back.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 34
  • No 12 grenade back2.jpg
    No 12 grenade back2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 27
opinions

I have read the link you put on and find it very interesting, learn something every day. the grnd i have shown was sent to me as a gift, after the death of a friend i thought i would show it to find out what others thought as i am on expert in this type of grnd.
panzer 1. dave.