What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No2 Mk1 grenade

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
NOMENCLATURE: Grenade, Hand, No. 2 (Mexican 7mm Pattern)

SERVICE: Land, Naval

DESIGN/PART NO:

TYPE: Hand, Stick, Percussion

EXPLOSIVE CONTENT AND WT OF EXPLOSIVE: 3.4 ounces TONITE

FILLED WEIGHT: 1 lb 3 ozs

PRINCIPAL DESIGN FEATURES: Brass body with segmented cast iron ring. May be fitted with a cane handle and single braid streamer screwed into the base, or a rope handle. A safety pin passed through the base. Special detonator, 2 1/16 inch with percussion cap.

MARKING: Red filled ring with round body

MARK DATE OF CHANGE IN PATTERN DATE
INTRODUCTION OBSOLETE

1 16 Feb 1915 7in Handle with streamer of 1920
1 1/2in tape 36in long.
Detonator 32.5gr FoM comp.

2 As for Mk 1 but shorter handle

no_2_mk1.jpg

Hi Joerg

On the side of the body, it should be marked either 7mm or 8mm. If you have one marked 7mm, it is quite rare, can you tell me which you have?? btw, thats a really nice example, congraulations.

Hallo sgtlynn! Unfortunately, there I cannot help you, because I collect no ammunition. I have only pictures and data sheets what finds I at my work (EOD) it is too led to the destruction. Joerg.

Very nice pics of your No1's No2's and No 74 Mk1 Paul. I am only slightly jealous ! good to have another "Grenadier" on board ! Tony.