What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No22 Rifle Grenade

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
The No22 is a rodded rifle grenade ,it enterd service mid 1917.Also known as the \"pippin\" grenade it consists of a segmented cast iron body and used a 15\" steel rod to project it from the rifle
Markings:Red filling ring,and pink or green band to indicate type of filling
no_22.jpg

Greetings all,

I have been looking for a nice No. 22 for a long time, mostly only finding dug examples etc etc, never with the striker cap or only with the remenants of the cap. The previous photo is of the Mk. 1 version, and yesterday I finally found a decent example of the Mk. 2 version, with the cap. Note, original paint, and the cap. Thought you might like to see it.:)

Cheers
IMG_1521.JPG

Another very nice find. You must be pleased with it as you said they are hard to find in this condition. I have a mint one, body only,(no cap or fuse) nicely stamped Elmbank 1916, but it's not handy to take a picture of. I will have to see if I can find it. Tony.