What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion needed on this U-Boat 8,8 round, please.

Grenademan2005

Hi all:
A friend of mine has been offered the round below and both, he and me, would like to know your opinion about and approx. value.

Attachments

• U 1.jpg
    U 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 102
  • U 2.jpg
    U 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 76
  • U 3.jpg
    U 3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 80
  • U 4.jpg
    U 4.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 88
  • U 5.jpg
    U 5.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 76
Miguel,

A very nice round with the original paint. Top half left clear from paint to prevent the fuse set machine fail due to paint. Would say 300 euro for this round as is.

Would say 300 E is a VERY fair price for this round. What is the fuze here, is it the correct one for the round?

My mate just got one of these lovely rounds.
He reckons 400 to 500 for a nice looker like yours?
Im certain that there should be a C28 fuze on this?
cheers

waff

Bought one two years ago, same style same state, Boy they go fast! Better than stocks! Sure it's a nice round!

Right fuze with Kriegsmarine eagle and matching date to shell: 1942. Asking price 1000$. It is on the USA market. My friend is from there too and we are always discussing about the crazy prices on the Yank market. Men, they really have a problem with those prices. But 300 euro I think that it is a low price for a round like this.

The American market is totally different than the European one. These prices are common in USA. In the forum there are some USA members, they can tell it.