What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo... Frost & Woods 36M Casting Process

staples57

BOCN Supporter
Here's a little bit of the Canadian war effort during WW2. The first four photos are of the Frost & Woods casting process of the Canadian made Mills bombs.

The last photo (not grenade related) is of some of the munitions manufactured by Defence Industries Limited (D.I.L.), In Ajax, Ontario Canada during WW2.
A little know fact is that D.I.L. Ajax was the largest Allied munitions manufacturer during WW2. The town of Ajax was named after the HMS Ajax that fought in the Battle of the River Plate.
...all the street names in the town are named after those who served on the HMS Ajax, HMS Exeter and HMS Achilles (the three ships that took part in the battle)

Here's a link to some additional information about the Canadian war industry during WW2...
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/war-industry/025010-2001-e.html

Cheers,
Brad

Attachments

• e000760395.jpg
    e000760395.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 86
  • e000760389.jpg
    e000760389.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 80
  • e000760390.jpg
    e000760390.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 90
  • e000760394.jpg
    e000760394.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 2055.jpg
    2055.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Great pictures Brad,

I see that in the third piccy, Alf Garnet and his brother were both working in Canada during the war.

Andy

Nice pictures, theres some really good stuff there, thanks for posting guys, and Rick i have to agree with you on your favorite pic.
Best Weasel.

Jee Brad wonder where you got those photos LOL
I finally joined the forum..so now I can harass you here also!!!

That photo with the Women and the Bren is very famous here in Canada...too bad the Inglis plate was torn down a few years back..I should have gotten photos

Dean

Just when I thought I found a safe hiding place... LOL
Glad to see you joined up!

Cheers,
Brad

Jee Brad wonder where you got those photos LOL
I finally joined the forum..so now I can harass you here also!!!

That photo with the Women and the Bren is very famous here in Canada...too bad the Inglis plate was torn down a few years back..I should have gotten photos

Dean