What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

I wondered how long it would be before a butterfly turned up - Thanks Jeff for posting the M83 pic

The numbers in white are unusual, anyone know what they are for? ( looking at the tags attatched, perhaps they are museum id reference numbers?)

regards Kev

Last edited:
I wondered how long it would be before a butterfly turned up - Thanks Jeff for posting the M83 pic

The numbers in white are unusual, anyone know what they are for? ( looking at the tags attatched, perhaps they are museum id reference numbers?)

regards Kev

That is most likely. US military museums often used white paint or "correct type" (typewriter correction fluid) with black ink written on the "correct type".

That is most likely. US military museums often used white paint or "correct type" (typewriter correction fluid) with black ink written on the "correct type".

Thanks, you answered me two questions in one. I have seen the black ink on correction fluid before but never put two and two together to realise exactly what it was. I spotted that one of the labels on the M83 photo had had the number changed so I presumed that it was for ID.
Every day we learn a little more!!!

thankyou Kev

The small grub screw on the threads of the fuze, shown partially unscrewed from the bomb, would indicate the fuze fitted is a M130 clockwork delay fuze .......... just dont ask me the exact time delay!!!

Last edited:
Hi Subs,the mortar round 5th from last ,has it got vanes on the fuze cap ?

Attachments

• ICE-JV-72-2.JPG
    ICE-JV-72-2.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 28
Was doing training all day with police squads, I'll try and check tomorrow night.

No info on the data page other than 42mm. Here are a couple more pictures, none are very detailed. I have a similar variation mortar in the collection, photo attached.

ICE-JV-72-5.JPGICE-JV-72-3 42mm.JPGDSC_5864.JPG

ICE-AB2-20-2.JPGICE-AB2-20-9.jpgICE-AB2-20-15.JPGICE-AB2-20-16.JPGICE-BW-53-2.JPGICE-BW-53-5.JPGICE-BW-59-8.JPGICE-BW-59-7.JPGICE-BW-64-38.JPGICE-BW-64-27.JPGICE-JV-110-8.JPGICE-JV-110-3.JPGICE-JV-110-1.JPGICE-JV-323-2.JPGICE-JV-59-2.JPGICE-JV-325-2.JPGICE-JV-325-4.JPGICE-JV-325-7.JPGICE-sd-101-5.JPGICE-sd-101-3.JPGICE-BW-5-16.JPGICE-sd-139-2.JPG

Attachments

• ICE-JV-259-8.JPG
    ICE-JV-259-8.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 33