What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schneider brass cart.

ozziammo

G-Day Fellas,

A brass cart that I need to positively ID please?

75mm X 382mm (possibly 76.2mm X 385mm), (no base diam.) with what looks familiar to me to be a Russian style primer, the markings on the primer are illegible.

I am aware that there are many cart. cases that are similar in dimension to this but the other headstamp info should throw light on it.

What Country made it, what gun was it used in (field/AA).

I have it as a German WWI field gun???

Thanks.

Regards Ozzi.

Attachments

• Pic2HS.jpg
    Pic2HS.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 88
Hi
7,62 x385 = 7.62 cm Flak L /30 for shell 7.62 cm G C type 43 (WW1) and Brand (incendiary) (See books " LA FLAK 1914-1918" volume 2)

These cases are a French contract for Russia. No German relation at all.

Hi

The German Flak used a lot of 76,2mm russian Gun which was a very efficient AA Gun.

Cases used from different origins (russian, german, french, ...) all these cases were of the same model. Only difference the hstp.

Thank you peoples, just the info I was seeking.

This is why this site is working so well, great help, great info from great people!

I also have a brass cart with the same dimensions & primer style that looks like it was made in the US during WWI, would this be correct?

Thanks, Ozzi.