What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sectioned littlejohns

SG500

Premium Member
Littlejohn rounds from 20mm upwards are amongst my favourite rounds. I've been after a decent sectioned example for years, then all of a sudden a load came along.
The photos show:
Quarter sectioned Mk 2 two pounder
Half sectined Mk 1 two pounder that has been fired from its adaptor. No front flange.
Half sectioned Mk 1 two pounder that has been fired but NOT from an adaptor. They did this sometimes in the field when they didn't want to get out to screw on the adaptor! The projectile then functioned in the same way as an arrowhead projectile i.e. good at short range but lost speed rapidly. Unfortunately missing its front flange and core.
37mm littlejohn that has been fired from the adaptor plus the sectioned part that was cut off.
In the other photo I have shown a good condition fired 37mm littlejohn plus a close up of the stamping.

All INERT.

I'm always on the lookout for littlejohn rounds so if anyone has any spare, either fired or unfired I would be very interested in adding them to the collection.

Thanks.

Dave.

Sectioned littlejohns 003.jpgSectioned littlejohns 002.jpgFired littlejohn 002.jpgFired littlejohn 001.jpg

Really nice bullets Dave, congrats. Was Spotter involved in some of that sectioning?

Thanks guys.
No Spotter wasn't involved with any of the sections on these. They're from 3 completely different sources. One from Germany and the others from 2 long standing collections in the UK.
Dave.