What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fauld Disaster

Bonnex

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Nick McCamley's books on underground installations are a fascinating read. Last month he published one on the explosion at RAF maintenance depot Fauld. I am sure it is as good as his other books but I haven't managed to find a copy yet. Worth tracking down I have no doubt. Anyone seen it?

Amazon say it was due out end of March, but I'm sure I saw a date elsewhere of mid-2015 so it might still be a couple of months away...

Thanks Tom, I see the publishers (Folly Books) now say the end May. There is an interesting YouTube canter through the book at low resolution.

Norman,

If this is the same as his earlier offering, it is a very good read. Fauld was most definitely a disaster waiting to happen.

If you can't wait till May, I'll send you my copy.

TimG

Tim, Norman,

It's a new book. I've just spoken to Nick McCamley, and after the inevitable initial printing hiccups are resolved, it should be available from the end of May, if not a little before.

Tom.