What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip Wire switch?


Well-Known Member
Premium Member
Hope the experts out there can help.

The items in the photo were in a batch of Mills Bomb bits. I think the larger one is a trip wire/ booby trap switch. It is marked :


With it was the smaller item that is marked:


on the other side is a small 'bat' symbol with
RR 37 - The first R is reversed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - John


  • SSCN2848.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Not an expert but I believe the RR marked piece is German from WWII. As to what type of firing device I'm not sure.
The bottom item is a Mk. III percussion igniter, designed to light safety fuze in demolitions. Not actually a boobytrap mechanism but it was definitely used as one in the absence of better devices.
Thanks guys. You are spot on with the German igniter. Mine matches the one on e website closely but just is without the cap on the bottom.

SgtLyn - Thanks for that. Could they have been used by SOE?

Last edited:
I would expect SOE did use them, but they were not a specific SOE store. Anyone doing demolitions could have used them. Army, SOE, Engineers, etc etc.
One of those was found at the site of Camp X, I know because I found it.
Camp X was run by the SOE to teach those that were going to preform "Behind the lines" operations during the War.
I also found other types of devices as well as a llot of bloow raillway track and machinery.