What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown fuze container. Probably German, probably WW2

Nudelmannrichter

Hi folks, here an unusual Zuenderbuechse. I also posted this on a Facebook Group, but maybe here even more experts around...
The 2 L on the left is very common. The 2 L-verl. in the middle more rare but to find from time to time. It is said to be the container for 17(A) fuze but I am not 100% convinced. My question is if someone has info to the even more longer model on the right. The type is of course quite similar to the known bomb fuze containers but what might it be used for? Is it german WW2 or post-war? Is it german at all? My issue with this is the lack of the common markings like manufacturer, pattern number, bakelite type marking, year. There is just a P on the inner side of the lid. Any ideas or proven knowledge? It is said to come from old collection, what might be true, but this does not necessarily mean that it is contemporary WW2. Every serious info especially based on primary sources is welcome! Thanks!

a.jpgb.JPG

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 23