What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown PG

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Anyone seen something like this ...

75-MM Diameter Head
Approx 25 Inches long

I can't say much, but it was found in the states.

Joe

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 95
Almost looks like a BS tech/intell test piece. The warhead section does not look long enough, no main body it just goes straight to ogive. And you have a long motor section, but where are the nozzles? Being found in the States, I'd have some serious questions.

I do to ... I think its not real, but was told it was. No markings ... nothing. The only thing I could even come close to thinking was a Vietnam type PG ... that's it. The color looks Chinese, but that doesn't mean anything.

I can't make out the nozzels which would be really needed to get this going.
Can you measure the diameter of the tail boom and look if there is a side mounted primer in the most rear section?
Are images available of this item being taken apart?

So far it looks like a movie prop (and not even a good one).

I can't make out the nozzels which would be really needed to get this going.
Can you measure the diameter of the tail boom and look if there is a side mounted primer in the most rear section?
Are images available of this item being taken apart?

So far it looks like a movie prop (and not even a good one).

US units are frequently tested on procedures for "unknown" or first seen ordnance. These are technical intelligence problems, also known as "tech intell's". The units often times make up bullshit pieces to practice procedures on. This is the reference made to "BS tech intell test piece. Whatever it is, it don't look right.

The OG-7 doesn't have nozzles. If this was real, it could be the same principle.

I know about the OG-7, but it's ballistics are like with shot-putting (also like an OG-9) as it is not meant for moving targets. For an HEAT (anything in the AT role) a flatter ballistic curve (i.e. shortest possible flight time) is desireable.

Let us see if Joe will have the opportunity to tell the diameter and check for a side mounted primer.

For the time being I'd stick with Jeff's view:
- made up intell BS piece
- movie prop
- self made toy or BS
- sex toy for cows

...oh, I almost forgot:
- an anal probe

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing with Jeff, and yes a side primer and indexing stud would bring it closer to real ordnance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats all I have ... the EOD guys only gave me those measurements. I was told when X-rayed there were components inside, but I cannot get the X-Ray. The items have been destroyed we are stuck with what I have. I also thought movie prop.

Thanks for looking, never know what people have seen.

Joe

Civilian bomb squad, supposedly filled with wax and xray showed a cone- wish they would provide the X ray, as I'd like to find out how they determined it wsn;t a hazard before blowing it up.