What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unkown Wrench


Well-Known Member
Premium Member
Is this ordnance or weapons related ?


  • IMG_3823.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3825.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3826.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 35
Wrench ?

Hi Gspragg I think what you have there is a "pipe wrench" made for a specific diameter of Pipe or "Stud" that needed to be srewed into something tightly.
I think it unlikely to have a use for tightening Fuzes as it would leave the body in a marked condition-not good or acceptable!
And the "RG" may not be the "RG" we associate with ammunition but merely a company bearing the same initials-however someone may well come up with a definitive answer to your question.

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:
I'm with Chris on this one, too heavy handed for ordnance I think. I have some old British Naval issue tools in my box, painted the same shade of blue. this looks like a stud wrench to me, you can still buy tools like this today, but not such good quality. Tony.

I will inform the grateful owner of this - hope he has the appropriate studs on hand or he may hurt himself ---
Hi All i agree with Paul this is a military tool , this is clearly seen in the picture the broad arrow , Radway green is im sure the company , but as to its use as a fuze tightener is doughtful its more likely used on one of Radway greens other products. the colour blue is similar to that of the RAF freddy fuze extractor i owned.
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a good assumption Steve because if you are extracting the fuze then i suppose it doesnt matter as much if it gets chewed a bit?