What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vent tube?


New Member
hiya. i have found a picture of an l1a4 vent tube on this site, and wondered what they are used for. i have one of these cartridges from somewhere and im curious about what its for.

cheers stockers
Tube Vent for L11

I used to have a slightly later version than your A4.

Tube Vent for L11 Tank Gun
RG 80 LIA73

Electrically initiated Flash generator to ignite the charge bags placed in the barell.

There are a number of these-
5.5 inch gun used a cut down .303 case adapted.
8 inch gun also used a special flash generator cartridge.
155 mm FH 70 F.G.


  • Tube Vent.JPG
    Tube Vent.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 5.5 in fg.JPG
    5.5 in fg.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 8 inch fg.JPG
    8 inch fg.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 155 fg.JPG
    155 fg.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 29
.625 Tube Vent cartridge tin

Heres the tin the .625 Tube Vent's come in.


  • BOCN TIN L1A4.jpg
    BOCN TIN L1A4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 6