What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

Join over 14,000 collectors of inert military ordnance. Get expert identification help for shells, fuzes, grenades, and more — plus access our classifieds marketplace and decades of archived knowledge. Free to register, takes seconds.

Victorian forts site?

Hi Justin, no it was Victorianforts.co.uk
It had some interesting information and pictures on it.
Many thanks Tony.
 
I can't seem to get on this site, has it folded?
Thanks.
Interestingly, I can't seem to access it either and it says: "Sorry, you have been blocked. You are unable to access victorianforts.co.uk"

Since I've never been to that site before now, I'm assuming this is just lazy IP blocking, meaning they've blocked entire IP ranges, hosting providers, or country blocks instead of blocking individual malicious IP addresses. And I checked it by asking two other people to access it, and, wouldn't you know it, the guy from Vienna was fine, the guy also in Romania was IP blocked same as I. So at this point I'm assuming the webmasters blocked everything east of Vienna...

So make sure it's not that, that you're not IP blocked.
 
Hi Tony.

Yes it was a great site. I have a lot of his fortlogs and other publications, he seemed like a decent guy to deal with but unfortunately he passed away in 2022, and the website no longer works. I just checked online to make sure it was correct :-
David Moore (1952–2022) was a prominent local historian, schoolteacher, writer, and a founding member (Membership No. 005) of the Palmerston Forts Society (PFS) in 1984. He is best known for his extensive research, documentation, and preservation work regarding 19th-century Victorian military fortifications, particularly the Gosport and Portsmouth defences.

Hope this helps. Long time no see ! Hope all is well with you.

Cheers, Tony.
 
Top