What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is this lead bullet?

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
hi guys, see attached. shown against a .303 for scale. 2 inches long, .55 (?) in dia. front half has only a small 3mm cavity but the bottom half is more less a full size cavity which is lined with tin (?). There appear to be 4 driving bands which show signs of rifling . There is a cannelure for crimping a case into. What on earth is it?
cheers, Dave
ld.jpg

OOPs - was about to post that it was the 14.5mm trainer when I realised what had gone before!!
Regards
TonyE

Does anyone have a complete inert one of the type shown on the left of my picture,or know where i can get one as i would like one of these to make a cutaway

145_trainer.jpg

well done Spot & Joerg, I now know what the complete round looks like (and also that I got rid of another projectile and a case as I didn't realise the 2 were for the same thing - sod it!)