What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What\'s This ?

Investment

Hi,

Would anyone know what this is :dry:

It measures 18cm (7 inches) straight across from blade tip to blade tip.

Cheers,

Invest :)

Unidentified__1_.jpg

Hi Invest, your item looks just like a radiator cooling fan to me, possibly from an agricultural engine, maybe a tractor ? just an educated guess, after 30 years in the automotive trade, I've seen a few ! of course it could be something far more interesting, like a spinner from a bomb fuse, we can live in hope :laugh: Tony.

Hello Tony,

It's had me intrigued since I found it amongst some bomb fins on an old wartime site. I was thinking along the same line, something to do with engines or the like.

I'm stumped :laugh:

Cheers,

Invest

My money would be on it being a "Tail Spinner" from a bomb-especially as you found it amongst a load of other bomb components-it looks right with a sharply angled set of fins that are short bladed with not too many blades.
Observation-
As far as I am aware modern "Spinners" have very many slightly angled blades that are also short whereas the older style's have fewer blades usually at a more acute angle:eek:hmy: .

Another point is that how many car radiator fans are only 7" inches in diameter-not sure I have ever seen one that small !