What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian 2Pdr A/T Gun in NY !

Mike are you wanting the correct scope rubber or just something that will fit,,i picked a modern rubber up the other week,its approx 40mm wide at the end that fits onto the scope tube,if its any use let me know

Gents ..just to follow this up --
Allan mailed me the Scope Rubber and even though it didn’t fit , I appreciate him trying to help me out with it. ..This is just another example of how our "Forum Communities" should and DO work.
And I'd like to Publicly thank him.
Thanks Allan

Here are a few shots of it with the Scope --

Attachments

• DSC03645.jpg
    DSC03645.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC03646.jpg
    DSC03646.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 35
Im sorry its not the right size Mike,i will look out for a bigger one, i will let you know if i find one
regards allan

Hi Mike,
very nice the image follow up of this equipment.
We are still a free country, aren't we??
all the best and don't get stuck with it :tinysmile_shy_t:
Erhard

hi there,
i saw you piccys and fink its a fantastic find, i belong to the Firepower musuem at woolwich, and we have one for fireing displays complet with ww2 tommys lol, the problem is yours is more complete than ours lol, we are missing seat arm, sights housing ,lockers , do you no where we can get parts?

also it is also possible that it may have been brought back for scrap after the war as canada used 2 pdrs, specially in burma and far east.

hi there

hi
i fought i send these to pictures in of the Firepower museums gun team 2 pdr anti tank gun, it is fully operational just need a sea and arm, sights, lockers and more that one brass case !

Attachments

• danny 1.jpg
    danny 1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 23
  • nurse.jpg
    nurse.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 22
hi falcon

yeap , except the bits needed such as seat and sights, the gun is fireing and once a sunday a month ( till we get shows ) we do small charge demostrations.