What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodies . . .

ronberkeley

For you grenade lovers . . . enjoy !!

Attachments

• eggbox.jpg
    eggbox.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 142
  • m24case.jpg
    m24case.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 149
  • m24rack.jpg
    m24rack.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 149
  • M39frag.jpg
    M39frag.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 134
  • M24 caseOutside.jpg
    M24 caseOutside.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 87
Lovley items, the M24 case is a cracker! What do you have inside the lid?
Regards
MG34NZ

Those are the various labels(frag sleeve instructions, contents, etc)
in a clear envelope so they will be preserved better.
Ron B

:adore:Drool dribble

Very very nice Ron,, love the sleeves with m24s, do you have a close up scan of the instruction booklet?

Best Regards
Nick

StHgr 24 case labels . . .

:adore:Drool dribble

Very very nice Ron,, love the sleeves with m24s, do you have a close up scan of the instruction booklet?

Best Regards
Nick

NIck:

It's not actually a booket . . . rather, a single sheet Merkblatt that, unfortunately, doesn't copy very well as
it's disintergrating and faded badly. See attached . . .

Attachments

• StHgr 24 labels.jpg
    StHgr 24 labels.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 82
Full grenade Transport Cases . . .

Hi:
You found the cases originally full, or you filled them buying the grenades and sleeves?

Found both transport cases with everything inside intact about ten years ago. A collector in Paris, France
was selling 'em. Since the stick grenade case is dated 1939 and the grenades are obviously late war 'K' marked, my guess is this case was refilled as was the usual practice by the Germans. The included frag sleeves, with instruction sheet, are, of course, also late war . . . .

Migeul:

I've added photo of Spreng Kapseln 8 box . . .

Attachments

• spreng~1.JPG
    spreng~1.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Yes, Germans reused all kind of cases for refill them again, the same with the shells cases. The frag sleeves were in the case too? Have all the grenades handles the same maker marks? Please dont think that I doubt of you or your items, Im just asking all this for try to learn more about how the Germans work. So, what was the history this French collector told you about the cases? He found them originally filled? Etc.

Yes, Germans reused all kind of cases for refill them again, the same with the shells cases. The frag sleeves were in the case too? Have all the grenades handles the same maker marks? Please dont think that I doubt of you or your items, Im just asking all this for try to learn more about how the Germans work. So, what was the history this French collector told you about the cases? He found them originally filled? Etc.

Yes, the sleeves were included. The grenades exhibit several different markings so obviously didn't come from the same master stock. My understanding was both these
cases were in a lot found in a farmhouse, but that may have been a 'story'. My guess is they were taken from French military stores . . . .

Would you, per chance, know where I could obtain a
PzWk42 for LP or a GwBlGr smoke rifle grenade??

Then another collector filled the case with different grenades. The two items you search are near impossible to find in good condition, specially the rifle one. I have seen them in one collection only.

the grenades are obviously late war 'K' marked,
Who can explain what tke large "K" on pot means, I have seen them every now and then. Another filling? TNT ( as originally ) instead of later used Donarite which most likely was not good in extreme cold ( could explode from bullet hit ) ???

Who can explain what tke large "K" on pot means, I have seen them every now and then. Another filling? TNT ( as originally ) instead of later used Donarite which most likely was not good in extreme cold ( could explode from bullet hit ) ???

Hi there:
The "K" means "Kalte", for "Cold" climate use :santaclaus:.

Yes, I know that, but what does it mean practically in hand grenades? I know the same exists in artillery fuzes and they have another type of lubricant grease inside mechanism to work in cold.:tinysmile_grin_t:

Yes, the same in binoculars too. I have some "K" marked grenades and I cant see any difference with the no "K" pots. But surelly was for the grease too, we have to remember that the soldiers must to unscrew the pots for fit the Sprengkapseln 8 before use the grenades.

I still think it has something to do with exlosive filling. I have seen stick grenades from pre-war filled with TNT and from war time filled with Donarite. Donarite is a mixture similar to Dynamite and sensitive to cold. Possibly the "K" grenades again were filled with TNT??:questionmark:

Yes, this pot dates from mid-war when Donarite was the "normal" filling, would be interesting to know what was inside this one:tinysmile_grin_t: