What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodies . . .

We will both go and clean them Migiuel!:tinysmile_grin_t:
Paul.

No problem on go together, but write my name well, please. In this forum people are calling me a lot of rare things: Miguiel, Migel, Miugel.... :tinysmile_angry2_t: My name is MIGUEL, MIGUEL, MIGUEL :pcguru:

Last edited:
Yes, I already saw one some years ago found by Sergey in Leningrad, not in that condition of course. Yours are just awesome!! It would display perfect with my 5 SSTV K98 rounds in original DWM clip.
The post where I say that I was checking you is a joke. I didnt know it. Are you the guy who wrote that books?

M39 Splittering

Ron,

Yes, and sometimes I wish I still had two of them!

You mention knowing of a half of a frag sleeve in the U.S. What state might that one be in? I was in Arizona last month visiting a friend and discovered an egg grenade with half of a sleeve in his collection. I was especially surprised to see it as I know of another grenade and partial frag sleeve just like it about 150 miles away in another Arizona collection.

Here's the one observed last month:

PICT0335.jpg

And the other one photographed last year. Those are actually two different items although you would swear it is the same one in both photos. Like twins!

PICT0543.jpg

By the way, it's always nice to see the photos of that case of stick grenades. Just beautiful.

Rick

Rick:

So great hearing from you . . . it's certainly been quite
a while since we last corresponded. On the 1/2 splittering . . . I was actually quoting what you told me
years ago. I think you should try to mate the two halves.
Where in Oregon do you reside . . . I've now got two(2)
sons living in Portland and sometimes visit 'em?

Best regards . . . . Ron

Grenider , Thanks for posting the SS marked handle, thats incredible, realy impressed to see that, I would love to get my hands on one of those! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t. I guess the same background history as the SS marked 7.92mm Cases that are around.
Regards
Andrew MG34NZ

RE the SS marked handle, are you absolutely sure it is genuine? Dodgy traders have been known to stamp "SS" on all kinds of items to increase value. I'm not saying that it isn't an original, but I would be suspicious of anything stamped "SS", especially if it came with a "story".

Hi Falcon:
Are these rounds fake too? And the top of the Sticky handmine? The real problem is that SS items are by far the most faked items from WWII, but there are tons of real items out there. I personally see a pic of a very serious and honorable Russian digger, (and good friend for this I have that pic), with one of these handles recovered from the Leningrad trenches. And seems that you dont know who is Grenadier. A guy who has published one book about the German and other WWI and WWII grenades and with a second book incoming know very well his stuff. Im trying to find the pic of the relic SSTV handle, but I cant. I have too many pics.... But Im sure must be inside the hard disc somewhere. I will post it as soon as I find it.

Attachments

• SSTV 1.jpg
    SSTV 1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 18
  • SSTV 2.jpg
    SSTV 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 18
  • SSTV 3.jpg
    SSTV 3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Panzmine 1.jpg
    Panzmine 1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Panzmine 2.jpg
    Panzmine 2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
RE the SS marked handle, are you absolutely sure it is genuine? Dodgy traders have been known to stamp "SS" on all kinds of items to increase value. I'm not saying that it isn't an original, but I would be suspicious of anything stamped "SS", especially if it came with a "story".
101% not fake. Unfortunately this handle is not mine, it is from the funds of our National Museum for Military History. I doubt that there anybody will fake such of item, they are not interested in that. Inbetween there are treasures :).......
http://bulfed.googlepages.com/dasmuseumtour

Attachments

• StHGr WW1.jpg
    StHGr WW1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 53
Hey guys:
After 6 hours of a terrible wind that I have never seen here in my 35 years of live, after 10 hours without electricity, hundreds of trees pull out Im back again with the promised pic of the relic SSTV handle that I will post with the permission of Sergey. Note the number 4.

Attachments

• SS Stick.jpg
    SS Stick.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 47
Yep, and I succeeded to find one more picture; SS is not marked with runes here

Attachments

• SS++.jpg
    SS++.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 38
Hi Miguel, I will take the handle. Please send to my usual address.:angel:

10 hours with no power? mmm :hmmmm: I dont think I will get you to wire my house!!
But seriously, I hope all goes well for you!

Best Regards
Andrew

Last edited: