What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenades to be auctioned

Thanks, there is no doubt that it the same grenade, with the marking I would tend to say M24 as well. Was this a post-war copy by Denmark then, or re-use of abandoned materials?

Here is another, I've got it as the Italian Granata Carbone. You can make out some of the lettering on the side. With it is the Spanish R41

104  Austria  a.jpg104  Austria  b.jpg55 Spain Oramil SA R-41 Off a.jpg55 Spain Oramil SA R-41 Off b.jpg55 Spain Oramil SA R-41 Off c.jpg

Yes , both correctly identified . The Carbone is similar to the much more common Austrian Zeitzunder but a bit smaller & the R41 is shown without out its extra frag jacket , they were made by Orimil who were [are?] one of Spain's largest defence contractors [it's what the "O" stands for in POM designated grenades] . Siegfreid.

Here are a couple more curious ones. The OD I'm pretty sure is marked for Brazil, but I have no documents on. The white one I have no information on. The spoon looks US, but there are no marks on anything. The grenade is filled with a void in the center, the fill material is similar in appearance to cement and does not test out as energetic or hazardous (Ahura).

57  Brazil  a.jpg57  Brazil  b.jpg57  Brazil  c.jpg59 Unknown  a.jpg59 Unknown  b.jpg59 Unknown  c.jpg59 Unknown  d.jpg59 Unknown  e.jpg

It has been suggested that the white grenade could be an Arges practice version for a DT-41 or similar item - anyone have anything on this? Thoughts?

HGR DT41 Arges Austria.jpg

Can anyone tell me which fuze is in this Kugel? I'm away from my references and don't see it listed in LexPev or elsewhere.

19  German Kugel   4a.jpg

The white has a similar appearance to some Iraqi homegrown ones. At least as far as the plastic construction is concerned.

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/14853-Iraqi-local-made-hand-grenade?highlight=Iraq+grenade

The problem sometimes with photos is that you lose size comparison and the "feel" of the item. I have one of the yellow/orange Iraqi grenades in the collection, and it is about a third smaller than the white one in question. It also has a very different texture and feel to the plastic, a much more hard and brittle feel than the white grenade. This is why when the Arges was suggested to me I immediately thought of the DT-41, it has the same soft feel to the plastic and is close to the same size and shape. That being said, I still have no idea who made it -

Can anyone tell me which fuze is in this Kugel? I'm away from my references and don't see it listed in LexPev or elsewhere.

View attachment 150301

That's the standard pull friction fuze more commonly associated with the egg type grenades but can be found on Kugels . I doubt it was original to that m1913 example but not impossible . Siegfreid .
T

The 1st srcm35 is post ww2, the 2nd one is ww2 (Società Romana stamped on the coif) The 2nd grenade in the images has the safety pin in wrong position...
There are some nice Italian pieces as well. The first SCRM 35 is dated 1965, and is in fantastic condition with all of the internals intact, to include the empty explosives capsule. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference with the second SCRM 35, and if it is just different period markings, about what time frame would these markings be from?

View attachment 150143View attachment 150144View attachment 150145View attachment 150146View attachment 150147View attachment 150148

The 1st grenade is a PO3 (you can easly recognize it from the fly-off coif); the 2nd is a PO1 (it has a lead weight under the cap instead of the fly-off coif); both are with a add-on frag coil. The green grenade is a POM1 mad for export and tested by German Army as DT21; it as a double sistem delay/impact.
Lets try Spanish. I have little documentation on the PO series, and searching on the forum I can find the PO-1 and the PO-3, but not clear identification on the differences between the two. I have a short version, which I believe is the PO-1, a longer version which I was originally thinking was the PO-3, and a second, perhaps earlier (?) also long green variant which has inked markings that appear to be LOS PO-1, but raised plastic letters HGR DT-21. Export? Looking for confirmed identification on all three.

View attachment 150019View attachment 150020View attachment 150021View attachment 150022View attachment 150023

The Brasilian grenade is a Rupturita S.A. ODETI M1 from 1967. The white is a prototype or a practice of Arges Model 58PL offensive grenade.
Here are a couple more curious ones. The OD I'm pretty sure is marked for Brazil, but I have no documents on. The white one I have no information on. The spoon looks US, but there are no marks on anything. The grenade is filled with a void in the center, the fill material is similar in appearance to cement and does not test out as energetic or hazardous (Ahura).

View attachment 150207View attachment 150208View attachment 150209View attachment 150210View attachment 150211View attachment 150212View attachment 150213View attachment 150214

Lacking any response I'll assume there is no major objection and proceed.
I thought that the body on this grenade was reminiscent of some Belgian submunitions, but the marking on the head looks like a Swiss cross beside a 6M. Anyone?

View attachment 149693View attachment 149694View attachment 149695View attachment 149696

Can anyone tell me what years the HG 17 was in use? Construction and model number would suggest WWI, but as we said in the military; assumption is the mother of all - well, you know. I cannot tell from the info provided and my copy of the Swiss grenade book has not arrived yet.