What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mauser Tankgewehr M1918

As far I know there is no Training round (blank) developed fort his round.

Because you are mentioning 8mm perhaps it is a Patrone 318.

Thank you very much Dutch. I see now the similarity with the Patrone 318. I guess it isn’t so rare like I was hoping on then?!!?

Cheers
Freaky

Only last saturday at a Gun Fair here in Adelaide, I swapped one of these for 6 packets of WW2 .455 rounds. Seemed a fair deal to me. It was dated for April.
Mike

I don't know about the round, but blaukreuz (blue cross) was not lacrimatory (tear agent), it was sternatory (vomiting agent). Typical sternatory agents for the Germans were Clark I and Clark II (arsenicals). Don't recall off the top of my head if they used it for WWI, but the German color coding for lacrimatory in WWII was white.

Picked this up yesterday, no projectile, will put it in the classifieds ~

Attachments

• IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2084.jpg
    IMG_2084.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 30
I cleaned it and it looks better. I have it in classifieds for $35, but will take $25 if there is interest let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 47
WW1 German 13mm T-Gehwer

I went over to Alamo Military Collectables this morning and picked up 2 German WW1 13mm anti tank cartridges. They also had an M1917 U.S. Bolo that I also got. I my years of earlier collecting I never had the 13mm cartridges in my collection, and was glad to get them. Nice condition the headstamp has 11, 18, T67 and P. At 20.00U.S. for each cartridge the price was very reasonable in my opinion. Will post pictures when I figure out my new camera. The gun these were fired from was very large with a 13mm bore. Barrel length was 4ft. 3in. with a maximum range of 70 yards, and muzzle velocity was 2200 ft. per sec...Dano

As per Jonnyc - excellent price for sure. Before Fleabay deemed them "Weapons of Mass Destruction" they were bringing $100+ apiece.

As an aside I recently sold an upper barrel band for an 1817 US Common Rifle on ebay. Listed it as an Upper Band for a M1817 Flintlock. About 8PM one night I received a phone call from the Ebay Police telling me it was illegal to list an.... "listen carefully" an "M1" "No. 817" Assault Rifle part.

To boot, he told me it was illegal to list it internationally. Well, about two days earlier I received an email from ebay indicating that a number of my auctions might benefit from being listed internationally and they would automatically make the change for me by clicking on "the following" link. Well, what the heck, I did. and that was one of the auctions they changed, only to then call me up and tell me I shouldn't have listed it internationally either.

OK, No problem I'll change the title and the 'international' part back to what it was originally while we're on the phone. As I got tot Page 2 of the listing at the top in big colored letter was "We want you to list this Internationally!"

Well, after filling in the caller with the details (he was from the US!!), I did get a laugh and he was quite embarrassed....

Last edited:
Great snaps of a monster rifle. I also love the cartridges, was able to pick up 2 of them for 20.00usd last weekend at Alamo Military Collectibles in St. Louis MO. Goes to show there are still monster deals at militaria shops. Alamo always has their ordnance priced to move 'em out.. Again that is one fine long arm..............Dano

Wouldn't it be more complicated for you in the USA as it has a bore over .5" diameter so would be classed as a "destructive device" and subject to strict controls?

I'm sure this rifle would be a good buy as in investment in the UK, as it is in working condition, and they definitely aren't going to make any more of them.

There were loads of "deactivated" guns for sale at Beltring, which have a number of modifications to render them un usable. These can be bought by anyone in the UK with no need for permits etc. Some of them were obviously worn out junk, as they are no good for shooting they have been turned into display pieces. However, there were some really nice ones there as well, like WW2 USGI Issue M1911A1 pistols made by US Switch and Signal Co. in almost brand new condition. These were being sold for nearly 700 each. I would much sooner these could be legally owned as live pistols in the UK.
Not at all complicated Falcon. In the U.S. up to at least 37mm (and possibly larger) are treated same as a rifle of .22cal so regulations are quite lax. All you would need is a FOID (federal firearm license) card to legally buy one. You do need a special liscense for fully automatic weapons. In a few short years that rifle will be 100yrs old of which would be classified an antique so no license whatsoever would be necessary to purchase it. I have a model 1873 Springfield trap door .45/70 U.S. Army rifle that was used in the indian campaigns and legally own it with no license whatsoever.........Dano

Last edited: