What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members Pets

Hi Tony.. yes the same in the wild... practice makes perfect,, it takes a long time for these birds to get the hang of being a parent and breeding pairs are very sought after , Hyacynths
will my aim at a later date as they are top on the endangered species list, a magnificent creature much larger than the greenwing macs, but with a 300psi + bite to go with it :tinysmile_eyebrow_t........:tinysmile_cry_t3:.........:tinysmile_cry_t:

regadrs Nick

Last edited:
PC270039.jpg
Here's Godzilla (Xena) 4'-4" of green godess and she knows it!
She's on one of her favorite perches the back of my computer chair

Nah she usually justs plants herself on the back and licks my ear Typical woman LOL

:)....... how long is her toungue ?

These are the latest,, nearly 7 days,, The smaller one is three days,,a few problems emptying her crop, so keeping a realy close eye on her,, she was in distress in the egg and basically suffocating so a bit of intervention
was needed to help her on her way, she hatched on her own which is always a good thing.

Regards Nick

Attachments

• P3080015.jpg
    P3080015.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 21
  • P3080019.jpg
    P3080019.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 25
  • P3080022.jpg
    P3080022.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 23
  • P3080014.jpg
    P3080014.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 22
Macaws and iguanas? I've been privileged to see them both in the wild in Belize.

Hi Nick,
is she the one not sitting up for her food? really hope everything turns out ok for her mate

Tony

QUOTE=ordman;181230]I was thinking more like airline food in those little trays[/QUOTE]

lol.... yes and when theyr'e fully grown they look at us and think ,,, yup! poke that finger in my cage just one more time....yup one more time and ill make me a snack out of it :)

cheers nick,

Yep! and I have had chunks taken out of my fingers by my mothers Amonzon red parrot before now...and thats childs play compared to a Macaw:tinysmile_cry_t3:!!!!!!

Yep! and I have had chunks taken out of my fingers by my mothers Amonzon red parrot before now...and thats childs play compared to a Macaw:tinysmile_cry_t3:!!!!!!

and how true.. i give the Greenwing macadamia nut shell on,, it is amazing to watch her crack it open in a few seconds, next time you are at a deli or shop that has thesemm try to crack one open,, you wiould be very surpised at how hard these nuts are,
near impossible without help from a Stanley Claw hammer :)

cheers Nick

all four hatched now,, yesterday was the 4th..

latest piccs,,, all four hatched now, All in one brooder while i sterilise the other one, they have to be brooded at different tempature acording to age, newly hatched need higher temp.. if the other two were in there the higher temp they would be jumping about all overthe place. and if the two newly hatch stay in lower temp they would not digest food and suffer with problems due to lower heat. so a good time to take a group photo of the kids :xd:

reg's nick

Attachments

• P3100039.jpg
    P3100039.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 31
  • P3100040.jpg
    P3100040.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 22
  • P3100041.jpg
    P3100041.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 28
Three n a Half week on,,,,,,,

Growing up...

23 days 19 days and 16 days..

Better piccs later.. gotta go ,,they need feeding :tinysmile_eyebrow_t Again.

Attachments

• P3230029.jpg
    P3230029.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 14
  • P3230030.jpg
    P3230030.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P3230018.jpg
    P3230018.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 13
Bet you have your handsfull mate,especialy now they can see their mum(you!) coming with their food:wink:

Looking good

Cheers
Tony