What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members Pets

P1010019.JPGP1010030.JPGP1010014.jpgP1010015.JPGP1010026.JPGP1010011.JPGP1010142xxx.jpg
ok not only do i collect ordnance I collect cats left to right Bosco, Pywacket, Tink, Charles, Kungaloosh, Simone, and Wembly there is and eight cat but she's shy along with a 4 foot iguana and two sable lop ear rabbits It's a frick'n zoo here

Last edited:
:) ok!,,,, a Clue,,,,,, they don't cluck they squawk,,,,and very loudly..... also they have extra big beaks and talk quit a lot,,,,, and noooooo,,, not the mother in law :)
>
>
>
>
>
Macaws,,, these are the hybid Macaws,, ( Harlequin Macaws ) they are a cross between the GreenWing and a Blue & Gold Macaw and share all of the family in colour size and charactor. I'll post a picc's later of the parent birds and a baby we hand reared and still havem, 2 years old in April.

Regards Nick

pee...ess ,,,, Ordman , that's more like a Pride you have there,, do they all mob you when you sit down for a rest ?

Last edited:
Mum and Dad

The pair together are the parents ( Gus & Archie ) hand reared so good with me but tollerate most other people, the Blue and Gold on her own is Auntie ( Annie)..she is wild bird we bought as a mercy buy,, she was in a really bad way with no tail feathers and had beed atacked by another large parrot that damaged her beak and face really badly, but she is the most stable out of them,, now and full recovers apart from te scarring and she takes no crap from the other 2 in there and good with the other macaws we have when they are in with her. The one giving you the eye is Tinker the 22 month old baby we hatched and hand reared..

regards Nick

Attachments

• P4140025.jpg
    P4140025.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 29
  • P4140044.JPG
    P4140044.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Tinker.jpg
    Tinker.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Thanks Chris..

if they all hatch ok it will be over a ten day stretch,, so lots of feeding at every 2 hours for a while.... but very rewarding to watch them grow,, just have to be very very picky who has them
these will be very tame hand reared birds and not for the faint hearted owner,, these birds play and love to chew,,,even fingers when playing,, what would be a playfull nip would be a shock :cry: to a newbie owner :bigsmile: ,, sorry should not laugh really ,, :xd: much!

The Macaws and the Stick grens seem to be my main hobbies.. strange combination people say..

regards nick

will post as thing progress,,

My better half has an Eclectus called Eric-lovely bird until he bites when frightened by his own shadow-very painful indeed so I know what you are talking about.
I would post a picture of him here except everybody has seen an oven ready bird !

Hope all goes well Jeensey-please keep us posted even when you are up all night doing the feeds !

Nick
Yup their favorite thing is to have and audience before the thrown in the morning while I have my morning constitution. All eight of them.
I think they know they have me at a disadvantage LOL
PS
Your Macaws are beautiful
ordman

Last edited:
Nick
Yup their favorite thing is to have and audience before the thrown in the morning while I have my morning constitution. All eight of them.
I think they know they have me at a disadvantage LOL
PS
Your Macaws are beautiful
ordman

Thank you Ordman glad you like them.. not everyones cupps tea,, when peole say why Macaws,,,, I say " well when I go to work my flock all say Bye Dad miss you " and when i come home they say! " oh fffking great,,, he's back " only kidding,, they do say " hello Dad "

the umbrellas are lovely birds,, great charactor,, are they a bonded pair?

Best Regards Nick

No they are both males and rescue birds (caged seperatly)
They tolerate each other. But we are rather fearfull of bringing them both out at a time.
Joey was a neglected bird and is very warey of change where as Aragon is a much more personable fellow who thinks he's top bird.
Both are talkers Joey all ways greets me with a Hi Rick! followed by a What the hell! Aragon on the other hand pipes in with His name and Hi and then a very shrill laugh.
When they suspect no ones around the have this mubble chatter between themselfs which is quite funny to listen too. They both have there own vocabulary that they use but usually when your not in the room.

No they are both males and rescue birds (caged seperatly)
They tolerate each other. But we are rather fearfull of bringing them both out at a time.
Joey was a neglected bird and is very warey of change where as Aragon is a much more personable fellow who thinks he's top bird.
Both are talkers Joey all ways greets me with a Hi Rick! followed by a What the hell! Aragon on the other hand pipes in with His name and Hi and then a very shrill laugh.
When they suspect no ones around the have this mubble chatter between themselfs which is quite funny to listen too. They both have there own vocabulary that they use but usually when your not in the room.

spot on there,,, they will chat among themselves when no one is about,,and yes is ver funny to listen in on them when they go over their vocabulary :)

The chicks have second pipped, they make a crack in the shell so that they are now breating fresh air, and now drawing down the last of the blood veins and egg yolk,, so wont be long now :)

piccs tommoroe hopfull.

Best Regs nick,

excuse the splelling,, cut index and middle finger on my typying hand an plastersd keed hitting 2 kers at a time..

Last edited:
Nice one Jeeensy,i can hear those rascals from here mate! I remember an early morning call from the beaked-buggars and i fell off the bloody sofa in shock! :bigsmile:

best

waff

Nice one Jeeensy,i can hear those rascals from here mate! I remember an early morning call from the beaked-buggars and i fell off the bloody sofa in shock! :bigsmile:

best

waff

hahah hahaa,,,remember it well,
The mum is in the nest box again tonight another egg on the way,, or maybe another clutch of four .. oh dear, ,lots of sleepless nights ahead ...

best regas nik

1st hatch at 4.30 this morning .. second to start hatching today,, here comes another sleeples night :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

the Sterile unit they are hatched and will be reaied in is an orange colour when the light is on. so bear with the orange tint as i don't want to use the flash at this early stage..

Regards A sleepy, knackerd Nick

and the mother bird laid anpother egg during the night,, maybe another clutch of eggs on the way.....:cry:

Attachments

• P3010018.jpg
    P3010018.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 9
  • P3010026A .jpg
    P3010026A .jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P3020027.jpg
    P3020027.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P3020028A .jpg
    P3020028A .jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P3020033.jpg
    P3020033.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 21
aaaawww,bless! would you look at that!! nice one Jeensy. :)

I like your consideration not using the flash mate. It certainly has its 'dads' look! lol :p

best

waff

Last edited:
hahahaa Thanks Paul,, will put a scale object next the trhe chick to gove a scale,,, very tiny indeed,

cheers Nick

Feeding Time.... justhis should give you an idea of size of the chicks,,,

not the best camera for taking piccs :tinysmile_angry_t:

best nick

Attachments

• P3020017.jpg
    P3020017.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 24
Hi Nick,
please excuse my ignorance,but won't the parent birds sit,hatch and feed the chicks?
and thanks for the very intresting posts on this thread.

All the best
Tony

Hi Nick,
please excuse my ignorance,but won't the parent birds sit,hatch and feed the chicks?
and thanks for the very intresting posts on this thread.

All the best
Tony

Hello Tony no problem,, The Hen will eat the eggs,, as she has done in the past,,,she is still only a yound bird at eight and a half years old and would have a long way to go to become a proven mother, sadly this can take many years even decades to prove a pair of birds or a hen and loosing all or many of the chicks to a endangered species while they practice at parent hood. Once these these birds are fully hand reared they will go to specific homes only, they will be vetted for certain criteria,, if the prospectivre owners do not measure up to it then the birds stay with me untill they are placed with the right owners. ( that should piss the neihbours of )

Rergards nick

Thanks Nick,
is this also the case for wild birds or just for captive birds?
Would really like to see photo's as they grow....always been intrested by Macaws because of a childhood visit to a local zoo(now the hawk conservatory) where they had several flying around free and watching one gently preening the hairs on my fathers arm while another was busy twisting a 4" nail out of a fence!

Cheers
Tony