What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stun grenades

pointblank0

BOCN Supporter
Hello all. I have branched off yet again and have taken a fancy to distraction devices, flash bangs and stuff.

Does anyone have any info on how many variations there are?
Also, I know very little about this new subject for me.

What is the first picture? It looks British to me but has no L number, could it be Police issue or something?

Does anyone have a lever for this and correct pin that they are willing to sell?

many thanks

Attachments

• Image0321.jpg
    Image0321.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Image0322.jpg
    Image0322.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 169
Hello all. I have branched off yet again and have taken a fancy to distraction devices, flash bangs and stuff.

Does anyone have any info on how many variations there are?
Also, I know very little about this new subject for me.

What is the first picture? It looks British to me but has no L number, could it be Police issue or something?

Does anyone have a lever for this and correct pin that they are willing to sell?

many thanks

The item in the first photo is manufactured by Nico and is used by both civilian and military units.

Actually it is from Germany.
http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/europe/germany/nico.html

Hi Pointblank0, Those stun grenades look very impressive and i've noticed that they usually don't go for a whole ton of money. You may have given me something else to start collecting...Dano

Hi, There have been a large number of distraction devices trialed over the years. Some started off as battlefield simulators, before being used by special ops teams, whilst others are designed specifically as stun grenades. Here's a British and a US model. Cheers

Attachments

• flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 64
Pointblank0, is the on with the read top a Czechoslovakian P1?
I got my Czechoslovakian P1 with black fuse today. What is the difference between those?

Cheers

Attachments

• 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 35
Pointblank0, is the on with the read top a Czechoslovakian P1?
I got my Czechoslovakian P1 with black fuse today. What is the difference between those?

Cheers

Yeah, it's czech, but it's a P2. Unfortunatly, I don't know a great deal more. I know that they do come with black extensions on the bottoms of some P1s.
Sorry, can't help anymore at the moment. I am still looking for all the info really. I'll let you know if I find out.

Hi, There have been a large number of distraction devices trialed over the years. Some started off as battlefield simulators, before being used by special ops teams, whilst others are designed specifically as stun grenades. Here's a British and a US model. Cheers

Nice pics, thanks for that. The one on the left I have never seen before. looks very traditional British training. I gather it's a battlefield simulator, looks very 70s?

Dano! Exactly why I decided to branch off a little. There seems to be quite a few different ones around all the time and like you say, cheap, most of the time anyway. I think they look quite nice too. Let me know if you get any info and I'll do the same mate,
Rob

stunner

Hi Rob, Yep those stun/flashbangs have the "look". I was following a couple of them on SA, but with the trouble I am now having getting anything from England I was hesitant. I have 3 items coming from England that today hit 60 days since I paid for them and still not here. I guess with the postal strike, that did not help. Hope that stuff gets here...Dano

Hi Rob, Yep those stun/flashbangs have the "look". I was following a couple of them on SA, but with the trouble I am now having getting anything from England I was hesitant. I have 3 items coming from England that today hit 60 days since I paid for them and still not here. I guess with the postal strike, that did not help. Hope that stuff gets here...Dano

Some of my stuff has come straight through no problem, others are still in post after a long while. Problem with british postal strikes is that the post office tries to get back on track soon as possible, so all the items that missed delivery get stored in a depot for ages, till someone gets around to sorting the back log. I'm sure they will arrive soon though

I believe that Inert Stun Grenades or Distraction Devices are an excellent addition to a grenade collection. I collect examples from The U.S. and have assembled approx. 20 different examples. Here are is a small sample of some U.S. Variations ..............

Stay Safe,

Frank

Attachments

• US Distraction Devices 002.jpg
    US Distraction Devices 002.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 89
  • US Distraction Devices 003.jpg
    US Distraction Devices 003.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 82
  • US Distraction Devices 009.jpg
    US Distraction Devices 009.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 77
  • US Distraction Devices 008.jpg
    US Distraction Devices 008.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 75
  • US Distraction Devices 011.jpg
    US Distraction Devices 011.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
They are fantastic, great collection there. How many variations are there in the US?

Thanks! Between US Commercial and Military Types, there are at least 30 different variations that I am aware of that were manufactured in the past 25 Years.

Stay Safe,

Frank

Nice pics, thanks for that. The one on the left I have never seen before. looks very traditional British training. I gather it's a battlefield simulator, looks very 70s?

Dano! Exactly why I decided to branch off a little. There seems to be quite a few different ones around all the time and like you say, cheap, most of the time anyway. I think they look quite nice too. Let me know if you get any info and I'll do the same mate,
Rob

Hi, Both are stun grenades and I think they are still in service.

There's some really nice grenades on this post. Here's a couple more to add to the want list. Cheers

Attachments

• 1 fb.jpg
    1 fb.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 50
Here's another picture. Not sure about the spoon on the second one.. Prolly incorrect.

if you do a quick search for "stun" theres quite a few other related posts you may find of interest

flash bangs

Here is a few flash bangs that I just got on gun broker. They are US military (so says the seller). I don't know a thing about these except that I like them. Just bought them tonight so I don't have yet....Dano

Attachments

• pix321932781.jpg
    pix321932781.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 51
  • pix743361828.jpg
    pix743361828.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 53