What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stun grenades

Hey Dano,

The one in the second photo is a current issue U.S. Mk. 13 Mod 0.

When you get it make sure to disassemble, clean and spray throughout with some penetrating oil, as they begin to corrode fairy rapidly after being fired.

Stay safe,

Frank

Hey Dano,

When you get it make sure to disassemble, clean and spray throughout with some penetrating oil, as they begin to corrode fairy rapidly after being fired.

Stay safe,

Frank

Great bit of advice. I shall do that tonight.
Rob

Looking at Dano's pic, it looks like the US are using NICO distraction grenades now too. Seems like they are slightly different to the UK ones as the emission holes are in the top not the bottom.

Hey Dano,

Stay safe,

Frank
Thanks for the tip Frank, will do right away. By the way Frank, 3rd from left in your first picture, there is an UPCO that looks interesting to say the least. Can you give some information on this one?.....Dano

Last edited:
Hello Dano,

That is an UPC0 Model #1750 (No longer manufactured). Originally manufactured by United Propulsion Company (Division of Talley Industries) Phoenix, Arizona circa 1990's. It was first introduced as a commercial item for the Law Enforcement Market and was also adopted (with some changes) as The US XM84 / M84. Upon adoption by the military it was basically withdrawn from the commercial market. I have attached a copy of a factory commercial specification sheet circa 1996. Although the US M84's are still fairly common to find today, examples of the commercial #1750's are fairly tough to locate.

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• UPCO #1750.jpg
    UPCO #1750.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 53
Thanks much Frank, now that was some information. That one just caught my eye and i'll be on the lookout for one. Thanks again...Dano

Hello all. I have branched off yet again and have taken a fancy to distraction devices, flash bangs and stuff.

Does anyone have any info on how many variations there are?
Also, I know very little about this new subject for me.

What is the first picture? It looks British to me but has no L number, could it be Police issue or something?

Does anyone have a lever for this and correct pin that they are willing to sell?

many thanks
Hi Pointblank,
There is a variant to your L108A1,the small blue one in the second photo, it has the same L number but is marked up as Practice not distraction.
I recently sold a practice one of these on SA,at the same time someone else was selling a distraction type!
Cheers
Tony

Interordnance,

isn't that "Omni-blast 100" belong in the Def-Tec pictures?

Interordnance,

isn't that "Omni-blast 100" belong in the Def-Tec pictures?

Hello V40,

Yes it defiantly could be grouped with Defense Technologies Corp. The example shown in the photo is a version manufactured circa 1990's when Bill Nixon / Omni Inc. was the manufacturer and Def-Tech was his exclusive distributor for The Omni 100.

I also have the first version of the Omni Blast, where Bill was using empty 1/3 Pound Kinestik Powder Containers for the body. The system was originally designed around the 1/3 Pound Container, using a dry mixture including Kinepak Inc. Powder and a commercial fuse type blasting cap as the detonator!

Stay safe,

Frank

Hi Pointblank,
There is a variant to your L108A1,the small blue one in the second photo, it has the same L number but is marked up as Practice not distraction.
I recently sold a practice one of these on SA,at the same time someone else was selling a distraction type!
Cheers
Tony

Oh right. I will have to keep a closer eye out then when these turn up. Thanks for the info

When I went to instructors school for all that we used Def-Tec exclusivley. Didn't get to use CTS's stuff until I got back to my department. I liked the #25 allot and felt it was better built than CTS's version. That is, until the newer version of the 25 came out that had holes on both ends. I see you have an old one that looks like it has holes only on one end which I believe was on the bottom? We used up the old style at London. They would fly around the room like rockets. By the way, where did you get such a collection? Are you a LEO?

Hello V40,

Yes formally LEO (Ret.) and Less Lethal Munitions Instructor (and Head Bottle Washer, Etc. :sleep: ) from back when it was still called Non-Lethal. I remember when Def-Tech was still manufacturing and conducting training in Rock Creek Ohio, prior to their move to Casper. They would also occasionally host tactical training and demonstrations from other companies (HK, Steyr, TEES, Etc.). I was on a quest early on to obtain Examples (Inert) of US Manufactured Distraction Devices and Literature for Evaluation and Instruction. At one time it was a pretty small world and before the DD's were accepted by LE as they are today, the manufacturers were usually willing to send out Inert Samples for evaluation in an attempt to gain a foothold in the LE Market. The designs, market and acceptance have come a long way in The U.S. over the past 20 years.

Stay Safe,

Frank

These 2 stun grenades arrived in the mail today. They are both US and obviously I need a handle for the one on the left. I've really taken a liking to these stun grenades, but am hesitant to order anything from England as I have 2 packages overdue from england (way over 2 months). I hope those pkgs do arrive as there are a few good German grenades i'm waiting on..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 373.jpg
    Picture 373.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 374.jpg
    Picture 374.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 32
I always liked it when stun grenades had CS packed inside them. The Chinese still have them but the amount of explosive can dismember or kill.