What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stun grenades

flash stun

Picture 1 is of a flashbang/stun grenade that I paid for today so it is not in my possessition as of yet. I bought it off a militaria dealer on the web and it was the last one they had. Now I would guss the most of you know I am a WW1 collector but this one was just too coolamundo to pass on. It was not what i'd call cheap in price but just had to have this one. May have to clean my shorts when package arrives. I stumbled on it when googling militaria ordnance dealers. It was advertised as a US military stun grenade. Is this correct? Will provide better pics when arrives. Picture 2 is of another US military flash bang I have sans the handle. I was wondering if anyone has a spare handle in their spares box? Life is good...Dano

Attachments

• pix321932781.jpg
    pix321932781.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 150132434107.jpg
    150132434107.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hey Dano. Lovely stun grenade that. It's a US M84. I really really want one of these. I haven't seen many over here and those that I have seen are very expensive. Well done mate, great buy

Hey Dano. Lovely stun grenade that. It's a US M84. I really really want one of these. I haven't seen many over here and those that I have seen are very expensive. Well done mate, great buy

30 euros at the fair in Ciney.. There was only 1 for sale, and it didnt had the correct rings.. :p

Interestingly enough pointblank0, It was this very thread that got me interested in the stun grenades. They same way I got hooked on 40mm grenades. The variety and beauty of these jewells make them desireable to me. I prefer military models but not that important. I just won a tear gas grenade (law enforcment issue) on gun broker. I don't know why I bought it, I guess it was crazily cheap and I like it. V40 got me interested in law enforcment stuff as he sent me basicly a whole collection of it. What a surprise that was. I am a WW1 grenade/fuze collector but this BOCN has got my interest going in omni directions (no complaints). I really liked this stun grenade because of its beauty. With the hexagon end caps and swiss cheese mid section I just think it is an eye popper. If I run across another I will let you know. I keep my WW1 stuff (and a few WWII items) in the trench, with the newer stuff displayed in the adjoining bunker. In a nut-shell I am having a blast. Dano

I know what you mean. I started meaning to collect only WW1 British grenades, but 40mms interest me now along with stun and CS grenades. I have also taken a bit of a fancy to modern grenades. It's never ending really, but good fun!

Yeah pointblank0, I know what you mean. Just when you think your collecting has tunnel direction, along comes a thread with something you just have to get. Shallow as it may sound, my main button on what to collect is eye appeal. If i'm going to shell a big amount of cash it must make me wet my shorts to look at it. Talking 40mm stuff, there are just so many mega cool ones out there how could one possibly resist? And these stun grenades really catch my eye. My first and true love is WW1 grenades and still the ones I go after first and foremost, I can find nothing wrong with expanding my horizons with collecting other stuff. And you know how it is, you buy one because you just have to have it. It looks lonely all by itself so you get another in the same catagory. Well those two get to looking lonely so you get another. Well before you know it you have started a sub-collection. Awesome aint it? Generally you can find the stun/flashbangs, 40mm and others cheaply, and I can find them here in the states which greatly cuts down on the postal waiting time. Currently waiting for 2 French WW1 grenades that I have coming from a trade with a really good guy in the Netherlands. I'm like a kid when it comes to opening my packages as I totally rip the box apart to get to the goodies. I don't know if they have an ordnance rehab plan and frankly I don't care as you would not catch me anywhere near one of those meetings. Also taken a real liking to the 40mm Bofors rounds, yet another branch out on my collecting. So much ordnance, so little time....Dano

Last edited:

Dano,

I don't know why, but around here in some gunshows 40mm Bofors are usually live pieces. We lost a guy in a nearby city who was trying to remove the projectile from a 40mm Bofors. He ended up bleeding to death in front of his sons (little guys who didn't understand why their daddy went to sleep on the basement floor). The projectile exploded and a piece of shrapenal hit his carotid artery.

FOLKS, DON'T EVER TRY AND DISARM ANYTHING!

Every time I tell that story it almost brings me to crying.

Hello Dano,

That is an UPC0 Model #1750 (No longer manufactured). Originally manufactured by United Propulsion Company (Division of Talley Industries) Phoenix, Arizona circa 1990's. It was first introduced as a commercial item for the Law Enforcement Market and was also adopted (with some changes) as The US XM84 / M84. Upon adoption by the military it was basically withdrawn from the commercial market. I have attached a copy of a factory commercial specification sheet circa 1996. Although the US M84's are still fairly common to find today, examples of the commercial #1750's are fairly tough to locate.

Stay safe,

Frank
Hi Frank, My UPCO stun grenade came in the post today. I am trying to figure if it is the law enforcement or military model. It is UPCO as is yours but the lettering on the facets of the upper hex is different and reads as such 1) STUN GRENADE 2) P/N 1750-002 3) UPCO 5 1998 4) L/N DPC038 5) S/N 048982 6) 001 - 009. It is in really good condition with both circular and triangular pull pins intact. I wish I could provide a better picture but my computer crashed the other night, and while I have the werewithal to do a system restore can't figure why my HP photosmart took a dump. Pictured next to it is another grenade that came today advertised as a tear gas grenade. Any idea on the UPCO military or law enforcement?? Dano

Attachments

• Picture 425.jpg
    Picture 425.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture 427.jpg
    Picture 427.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 29
Hi Frank, My UPCO stun grenade came in the post today. I am trying to figure if it is the law enforcement or military model. It is UPCO as is yours but the lettering on the facets of the upper hex is different and reads as such 1) STUN GRENADE 2) P/N 1750-002 3) UPCO 5 1998 4) L/N DPC038 5) S/N 048982 6) 001 - 009. It is in really good condition with both circular and triangular pull pins intact. I wish I could provide a better picture but my computer crashed the other night, and while I have the werewithal to do a system restore can't figure why my HP photosmart took a dump. Pictured next to it is another grenade that came today advertised as a tear gas grenade. Any idea on the UPCO military or law enforcement?? Dano

Hello Dano,

Nice Piece! It is a US M84 as manufactured for the US Military by Universal Propulsion Cooperation in May 1998.

Also your Gas Grenade is a Federal Laboratories Model 620 Aerosol OC Grenade: http://www.defense-technology.com/pdfs/specs/Aerosol OC-CS.pdf

Stay safe,

Frank

Here is a new addition for me. Early (1990's) Factory Inert Mk141 Mod 0 manufactured by Ensign Bickford Aerospace Division. This style label was the original design used for Early FBI and US DOD Contract(s) Production.

These distraction devices are a unique design, as the fuze assembly ejects from the body after ignition and prior to detonation. Also the body is manufactured from a styrofoam type material that disintegrates upon detonation.

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• Bisch 022.jpg
    Bisch 022.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 42
  • EB MK141 2.jpg
    EB MK141 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 36
  • EB MK141.jpg
    EB MK141.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi Rob,
The SWAT grenade you have was actually mine many months ago and I sold it to Mike on SA who sold it to you. I had a huge collection of them and really got frustrated with there being so many so have got rid of all of them. Good for you to start collecting and I hope you dont get as frustrated as I did. I have reverted to WW1 & WW2 grenades only and am selling off my other stuff currently. I will send you a PM this week about items Mortars, Bombs and Shells etc that I am planning on selling before I advertise if you like. I need to cut my collection considerably this year so there is bound to be something you like. Owen

Thanks Owen. Sorry, just read this thread whilst looking for something else. The stun grenades are a bit of a side collection for me so I am in no rush to add to it. I would be very interested in any mortars you are getting rid of though. Cheers

Been looking for the correct fuze for the grenade in the middle. Does it just need another spoon?

It's German. Thanks.

fotolr.jpg

The fuze looks right for a NICO 9 bang stun, but the spoon is for a larger smoke grenade of the same manufacturer.

I'm not sure it's a NICO made one.
See the pic attached. The fuze is not 100% thesame.. Trying to figure out which fuze is the right one....

Attachments

• NICO.jpg
    NICO.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 15
The one in your last pic is much newer, dated 6/07. They do vary quite a bit. Many countries are using them in their own versions.

NICO fuzes

Hi this picture shows the two fuze levers. Cheers Colin

Attachments

• 1 nico_s_s.jpg
    1 nico_s_s.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for that picture. I guess the fuze is right, the spoon is wrong.

Thanks guys. :)

Some photos of a NICO Fuze Assembly manufactured Circa 2001.

Attachments

• NIC Grenade 002.jpg
    NIC Grenade 002.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 30
  • NIC Grenade 012.jpg
    NIC Grenade 012.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 25
  • NIC Grenade 010.jpg
    NIC Grenade 010.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 31
  • NIC Grenade 004.jpg
    NIC Grenade 004.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 25
An Early Manufacture ALS #4140 Distraction Device. Body Measures 2 Inches in diameter and 4 1/2 Inches in Height (5 1/2 Inches in overall height with Fuze Assembly attached). Has (4) Vent Ports in the top of body an (1) Port in the bottom.

Attachments

• Early ALS 001.jpg
    Early ALS 001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Early ALS.jpg
    Early ALS.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Early ALS 002.jpg
    Early ALS 002.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Early ALS 003.jpg
    Early ALS 003.jpg