What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bombatorium

New items over the past few weeks. I'd been delaying acquiring a MK 84 bomb, as they are typically concrete filled and take up so much space. It was the only one of the LDGP series that we were missing though, so I finally picked one up this past Friday. The weight we can deal with, but at over 3m long, the size and weigh combined makes it a real beast to do anything with. The casters on the cart are over their capacity, need to get a new cart made up - we are considering just stacking the MK series bombs and going vertically, like a staircase.

A number of nice small pieces as well. The 90mm HEP is a T number, I don't remember the designation off the top of my head. Not shown is about 200lbs of small arms ammo recently donated which we are still sorting. Lots of shotshell, some rimfire, rifle, pistol - a big mix of probably 50 calibers or so.

A big thanks to everyone that has helped out recently, both with work and donations. With all of the changes in the past year or so I've been asked by some to update the general collection photos on the thread, I hope to get to it soon -

IMG_1172.jpgIMG_1177.jpgIMG_1180.jpgIMG_1181.jpgIMG_1173.jpgIMG_1174.jpgIMG_1176.jpg

It is way past time to update the general collection photos. There have been many changes to accommodate the large new arrivals, and although not completely finished with paint etc., we have opened the third floor for explosives, pyrotechnics and riot control (RCA). I will start with the general area shots, if interest is expressed we will progress to shelf shots or answer specific questions.

General 1.jpgGeneral 2.jpgGeneral 3.jpgGeneral 4.jpgGeneral 5.jpgGeneral 6.jpgGeneral 7.jpgGeneral 8.jpg

Think I have to come over again Jeff.

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2017

Chris

Hello! Could you give me some photos of this bomb? Greeting Harry

Attachments

• General 2.jpg
    General 2.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 69
General 9.jpgGeneral 10.jpgGeneral 11.jpgGeneral 12.jpgGeneral 13.jpgGeneral 14.jpgGeneral 15.jpg General 16.jpg

Attachments

• General 16.jpg
    General 16.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 86
  • General 17.jpg
    General 17.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 88
The third floor is looking good Jeff! What's the yellow bomb on the shelf with all the RCA stuff?

Cheers

Pete

US-Subs,

From the above badge collection, the selected badge shows its design was strongy influenced by the British Army's RLC AT/ATO trade badge. Which unit uses it?

TimG

Misc%201.jpg

Last edited:
Can we see more of the flechettes please Jeff?

Cheers

Pete

Anything specific Pete? In the cases and containers as they are, it almost has to be a piece by piece shot - that can wait for your next visit. If it is just a closer shot of something in the case let me know, because reflection is an issue due to the skylights and I need to do it after dark.

US-Subs,

From the above badge collection, the selected badge shows its design was strongy influenced by the British Army's RLC AT/ATO trade badge. Which unit uses it?

TimG

View attachment 128804

I don't recall off the top of my head, I'm going to have to search for my ID list. Many of the patches can get hard to remember with all of the uniform variations for a single patch. If anyone else recognizes it and can save me the search time feel free to chip in......