What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

Join over 14,000 collectors of inert military ordnance. Get expert identification help for shells, fuzes, grenades, and more — plus access our classifieds marketplace and decades of archived knowledge. Free to register, takes seconds.

clam Mk 1 (Metal)

sgtlynn

Well-Known Member
Premium Member
does anyone have a good photo or drawing showing the internal construction of the Clam Mk 1 (Metal). I am trying to determine the internal construction. Is the centre explosive container a separate box that is riveted into the outer container or are there two "Dividers" (one at either end) riveted into the outer casing to form the centre explosive container. I haven't been able to find a photo that I can determine one way or the other. thanks for any help you can provide.
 
does anyone have a good photo or drawing showing the internal construction of the Clam Mk 1 (Metal). I am trying to determine the internal construction. Is the centre explosive container a separate box that is riveted into the outer container or are there two "Dividers" (one at either end) riveted into the outer casing to form the centre explosive container. I haven't been able to find a photo that I can determine one way or the other. thanks for any help you can provide.
Evening

The Clam MkI metal uses two metal semicircular dividers rivetted inside to the main body, one at each end. These dividers provide the securing lug for each magnet, and the threaded holes for the screws that secure the the bottom cover plate.
Hope this helps for now, and will sort out a picture when I have a minute.

Cheers
Switch
 
Evening

The Clam MkI metal uses two metal semicircular dividers rivetted inside to the main body, one at each end. These dividers provide the securing lug for each magnet, and the threaded holes for the screws that secure the the bottom cover plate.
Hope this helps for now, and will sort out a picture when I have a minute.

Cheers
Switch
exactly what I needed!! Thanks!! Photos would be great. Appreciate all the help.
 
Evening again.
Sorry for the poor quality pics, but hope these are good enough to explain.
Cheers
Switch
 

Attachments

  • 20260930_214150.jpg
    20260930_214150.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20260930_214212.jpg
    20260930_214212.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20260930_214245.jpg
    20260930_214245.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
These photos are perfect. I suspected this was how they were constructed but couldn't confirm it, now I can. Thanks again!!

cheers
D
 
Top