What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info needed: British No 89 Fuze..

CultOfOne

Hi everyone

Does anyone know or have pictures of what if anything should be present under the top cap of a British WW1 number No89 fuze?

Cheers

Hi everyone

Does anyone know or have pictures of what if anything should be present under the top cap of a British WW1 number No89 fuze?

Cheers

Here's a sectioned drawing - I have an example in my collection which I can photograph if you need a pic.
Regards,
Depotman

No 89 Mk I sectioned.jpg

Thanks for the reply’s guys.

Deportman thanks for the sectioned drawing, if you could a take a picture of yours that would be great.

sgdbdr yep I found the same sectioned drawing on passioncompassion1418

However in both drawings they don’t say what’s should be there, the bit I’m interested in is circled in the attached image, should it be a procession cap? Or is it just an empty void?

No 89 Mk I sectioned.jpg

CultOfOne,

The item you are looking at is a void to allow access to the firing needle, or more correctly allowing the firing needle to be installed (screwed) into the fuze body before the fuze cap (top) is screwed in place.

Regards Ozzi.