What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is thCanadian?

Pea Shooter

Is this Canadian?

I picked up this WWI British 18 pounder in Ypres a couple of months ago. I think I noticed it is Canadian marked on the fuse. Is it Canadian? Vaughn

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
It really doesn't matter, as the projectile was dug and then stuck together with the casing. Here is the bottom of the shell. Vaughn

"There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children, and the United States of America."
Otto Von Bismarck

ott

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 51
It really doesn't matter, as the projectile was dug and then stuck together with the casing. Here is the bottom of the shell. Vaughn

It's not Canadian, but British, made by the Gramophone Co. The symbol looks like a shark in a pond with 'G' and 'C' at each side!

Regards, Depotman

I think you had asked this question before in the projectiles section. I think there is a C Broad arrow mark on the fuze that would indicate a Canadian government acceptance. Is there a manufacturers mark on the fuze ?
Cheers, SHAKY

Last edited: